“Just okay.”

Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport
Ranked #49 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I arrived at night and the lady was rather rude when I checked in. She was better when i asked about a hair dryer later. Overall, I had no issues with the room...except the toilet had not flushed all of the way and the housekeeper should have noticed. Room was quiet, very little parking and great location to interstate, airport, malls and restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Minx9114

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Ava and Holly and the house keeping were amazing. I want to single Holly out for accommodating me. I had an issue with my room and she immediately switched it thus providing superior customer service. Also she was working alone when I came to check in and she had everything under control even though she was busy. Then I heard when she left the front desk she did some house keeping. Ava was super nice and personable also.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 22, 2014

In early February I spent five nights at the Red Roof, Pittsburgh South Airport location. I am in Pittsburgh frequently, and I always stay at this particular property. It is very close to numerous restaurants and shopping facilities. It is convenient to both downtown Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh International and provides highly dependable courtesy shuttle service to the airport, as well. The property was recently completely redecorated, and the new look and amenities are most attractive and comfortable.

While all of these factors are important, my primary reason for staying at the Red Roof Pittsburgh South Airport is the welcoming, accommodating demeanor exhibited by the front desk staff. Each agent, in his or her own way, makes guests feel so appreciated. Ava, Bill, Carolyn, Phyllis and Sharon go out of their way to make us feel at home, and I want to thank each and every one of them.

In this instance, I want to particularly acknowledge the thoughtfulness of Sharon. I checked in on Feb. 1st. When Sharon discovered that I was there that evening, she called my room to see how I was doing and if I needed anything. It occurred to me that Sharon always does this on the first shift she works after I have checked in. This kind of personal attention certainly makes you feel as if you are at home. It is the many thoughtful little gestures like this regularly exhibited by Sharon and her coworkers at the front desk that make my every experience at the Red Roof Pittsburgh South so memorable and delightful. It is their personal concern for guests that keeps so many of us returning to that property again and again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was great. Very clean . Tony and Carolyn was great working with them . My truck was down and this was a great place to stay. Im looking forward to doing business here again. If you want a great stay then come here .

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Poor advertising... "select rooms" only have coffee, microwave and refrigerator!!! Not a good place for a business man. Housekeeping was a hit or miss, forgot to leave cups! On the positive side, great location to businesses and restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Upon arrival, we entered our room and thought it was quite odd that the TV was on. After unpacking and getting settled in, we finally wanted to watch some tv. Well...the remote did not work. We couldn't even get the battery cover off to check for batteries. I called the front desk,and the woman said, "you will have to bring me the remote." It was 20 degrees outside, and late. I was not about to go out in the cold all the way up to the main office (we were in the way back of the hotel). We ended up just using the manual buttons on the tv to find a show to watch. That obviously is not the worst thing that can happen at a hotel, we just dealt with it.
I do agree with a previous reviewer regarding the clientel that stay at the hotel. We were in the way back, 2nd building, on the 2 floor with an interior door entry. You would think that would be a safe, quite location? Well, both nights, late in the evening, the people were slamming doors and talking very loud. I called the front desk and the woman said she would send up a security guard to check things out...."a security guard?"
Overall, our room was fine. I said to my husband, as long as we are in the room, it seems ok for the price. One word of caution. They do not have any security feature on the entrances to the buildings. Anyone can enter. Usually hotels have where you use your room key to access entry.
Not sure if we will stay again when visiting. My husband said for what we were saving on room cost, it wasn't worth it. Also, no breakfast..so if you add the cost of having to go eat breakfast somewhere, it really wasn't a savings.
On a great side note...there is a really good diner/restaurant next door to the hotel. It is called the Central Diner. Generous portions, friendly staff, nice decor. We ate there for breakfast. I would highly recommend eating there. SO it's a toss up...If you really need a "low cost" place to stay, then stay at the hotel. If you worry about security and noise, then stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in 1st building. The 2nd building is for loud visitors.