“Good stay”

Ranked #47 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Syracuse, New York
“Good stay”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A nice comfortable hotel with a convenient airport location. One of the best red roof inns Ive stayed in. The services were much appreciated too. Overall very good stay and will give it a 9/10 rating. Will return back the next time Im in Pittsburg.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, Canada
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Over the past year we have stayed at this hotel on 3 different occasions. Make a 20 hour drive down south, and I make this the stopping point because the place is so nice. The renovations are awesome, the rooms are all very nice and very spacious. For the price it can't be beat. They also allow pets, and don't charge an extra fee for having a pet.

The only complaint I had was 1 of the times we stayed our dog found all kinds of junk under the bed and we had to reach under the bed and clean it all up so he wouldn't eat it (beer caps, kids toys, candy, etc.). Otherwise I have no complaints, and this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dave M
Tony M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for choosing us as your stopping point on your travels down south. Recommending us as a great place to stay is truly appreciated. I will share this with my staff and more importantly my houeskepeng staff to correct issues such as this one. Thank You!
north olmsted
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I stayed at the Red Roof Pittsburgh South Airport location from March 15 until March 20. As always the accommodations were marvelous. My room was clean, very well maintained and indeed still exhibited the impressive appearance of the recent redecoration. As always, too, the entire staff was delightful. Everyone was professional, courteous and competent. They all make guests feel so welcome and appreciated.

I particularly want to commend and extend my appreciation to Bill, the night desk agent. In addition to being a competent professional, Bill is always gracious, kind and thoughtful. During this visit, I was having a problem with the phone in my room. I could not make long-distance calls, but it was no big deal, since I had my iPhone. I did mention it to Bill simply as an FYI item. Even though he was very busy, Bill took the time to resolve the problem quickly and completely. It has been obvious to me on so many occasions that Bill does things, both big and little, for guests simply because he enjoys doing so. Bill is a very considerate gentleman. He is an asset to the Pittsburgh South Red Roof, and I very much look forward to seeing him and his fellow employees on my next visit.

Room Tip: If you are flying in or out of Pittsburgh. This is a great place to stay.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to post such wonderful review. Mentioning our renovation,the cleanliness and appearance of your room and my staff is greatly appreciated. Bill in particular is a fantastic employee and a very important member of our team. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Pittsburgh. Thanks Again!
Toronto
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I found out the rate for this hotel is great as most others in the same area are much higher. On arrival, I found out the rooms have been renovated recently. However, there are something need for improvement. The shower need a fix as when I am using the shower, the water coming out from the shower is weak and I notice there is water leaking down from the sprout below. During the whole time using the shower, besides water leakage at the sprout, there is a continuous high pitch noise that is very annoying. I think the bathroom hardware need an upgrade. Other than that, the free wi-fi is only moderate speed and only good for checking emails. It takes longer time for web browsing not to mention watching any videos from the internet. Other than that, the staffs at the hotel are polite and friendly. For the price of this hotel room, it is a bargain as others in the same area are much higher than this one. The location of this hotel is very good, it is close to restaurants and shopping malls. I would still recommend this hotel if they the shower and internet problem are resolved.

Room Tip: No elevator, stay on ground floor if you have accessibility problem or you have a large suitcase.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank heheharhar13579
Thank you for sharing our inn as a value compared to others in the area. The shower head in the room was in need of replacement and has been taken care of and we also are currently looking into improvements with our Wi-Fi. Thanks for your recommendation and for choosing us on a future visit
Benezette, PA
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The staff were very pleasant here. The rooms have been completely redone since going non smoking. Hard wood floors and very spacious. I will definitely stay here again if I have the need to stay in Pitt.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Benezette_Jr
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to post your review. As you mentioned we have been recently renovated and I'm glad you like it. I'm very proud of my team and thanks for mentioning them. I'll be sure to share this with them. We look forward to your next trip to the "Burgh" and your choosing us.
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My first time in Pittsburgh so I went to trip advisor and found this hotel from other traveler's recommendations. I didn't want to pay $180/night for a PIT airport hotel, quite expensive especially the whole day I would be out attending the conference. I booked early through the red roof inn website and got a great rate for $220 4N/5days which fit my budget. I wasn't expecting much when I arrived at the inn but I was very surprised w/ quality of their King superior room. I loved the room had wooden floors (hate those hotel carpets), spacious office desk, large flat screen tv, and multiple drawers. The bathroom was a little small for my taste but served my purpose just fine. The property was well maintained even with March snow storm, snow trucks/ plows everywhere.. The inn has free parking w/ a spacious lot, free US local/long distance, and free wifi ( moderate connection if watching a movie, but works well w/ email and web surfing). I was happy during my stay there, I felt safe around the area especially for a solo traveler. The location of the hotel is near all the malls, restaurants and 6 miles away from the PIT. Try the diner next to the inn, such delicious food! The staff especially the sweet older lady and older gentleman from reception during late afternoon/night shift were both very nice and helpful. For the price w/ great accommodation, I will definitely stay here again.

Con: No elevators but the 2nd floor only 8-9 steps up but still might be a problem for people w/ disability/ multiple huge suitcases. The heater/aircon noisy @ times (nuisance for a light sleeper). An additional $1.50 fee for using the safe box ( although you can waive the fee for not using it)

Room Tip: Rooms in the second building very quiet and have more spacious parking.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BarrioGirl79
Tony M, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
For your first time to Pittsburgh thank you for choosing us and for sharing your review for others to see. Also,thanks for mentioning my staff. We have a great team and I will certainly share your post with them. Most importantly thank you for the recommendation on staying here again on a future visit.
Dayton, OH
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Had a meeting in Pittsburgh so stayed here to avoid getting involved downtown during evening rush hour when we arrived. The next generation rooms are a large improvement for Red Roof. Comfortable bed, nice bedding and clean room. Good Wi-Fi and business work area in the room. Good restaurants located close to the hotel as well as shopping. The rooms are relatively small, but the shower is good and the wood flooring is nice. You can tell that the floor is clean and that is always a problems in hotels. We would stay here again and for the price it was nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TNT1827
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.Our recent renovation has been well recieved by our guests. Als,o I want to say thanks for the recommendation on choosing us again on your next visit to the area