“Very nice remodel”

Ranked #48 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Benezette, PA
“Very nice remodel”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

The staff were very pleasant here. The rooms have been completely redone since going non smoking. Hard wood floors and very spacious. I will definitely stay here again if I have the need to stay in Pitt.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Benezette_Jr
Tony M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to post your review. As you mentioned we have been recently renovated and I'm glad you like it. I'm very proud of my team and thanks for mentioning them. I'll be sure to share this with them. We look forward to your next trip to the "Burgh" and your choosing us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My first time in Pittsburgh so I went to trip advisor and found this hotel from other traveler's recommendations. I didn't want to pay $180/night for a PIT airport hotel, quite expensive especially the whole day I would be out attending the conference. I booked early through the red roof inn website and got a great rate for $220 4N/5days which fit my budget. I wasn't expecting much when I arrived at the inn but I was very surprised w/ quality of their King superior room. I loved the room had wooden floors (hate those hotel carpets), spacious office desk, large flat screen tv, and multiple drawers. The bathroom was a little small for my taste but served my purpose just fine. The property was well maintained even with March snow storm, snow trucks/ plows everywhere.. The inn has free parking w/ a spacious lot, free US local/long distance, and free wifi ( moderate connection if watching a movie, but works well w/ email and web surfing). I was happy during my stay there, I felt safe around the area especially for a solo traveler. The location of the hotel is near all the malls, restaurants and 6 miles away from the PIT. Try the diner next to the inn, such delicious food! The staff especially the sweet older lady and older gentleman from reception during late afternoon/night shift were both very nice and helpful. For the price w/ great accommodation, I will definitely stay here again.

Con: No elevators but the 2nd floor only 8-9 steps up but still might be a problem for people w/ disability/ multiple huge suitcases. The heater/aircon noisy @ times (nuisance for a light sleeper). An additional $1.50 fee for using the safe box ( although you can waive the fee for not using it)

Room Tip: Rooms in the second building very quiet and have more spacious parking.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BarrioGirl79
Tony M, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
For your first time to Pittsburgh thank you for choosing us and for sharing your review for others to see. Also,thanks for mentioning my staff. We have a great team and I will certainly share your post with them. Most importantly thank you for the recommendation on staying here again on a future visit.
Dayton, OH
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Had a meeting in Pittsburgh so stayed here to avoid getting involved downtown during evening rush hour when we arrived. The next generation rooms are a large improvement for Red Roof. Comfortable bed, nice bedding and clean room. Good Wi-Fi and business work area in the room. Good restaurants located close to the hotel as well as shopping. The rooms are relatively small, but the shower is good and the wood flooring is nice. You can tell that the floor is clean and that is always a problems in hotels. We would stay here again and for the price it was nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TNT1827
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.Our recent renovation has been well recieved by our guests. Als,o I want to say thanks for the recommendation on choosing us again on your next visit to the area
Nottingham, Maryland
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here two nights in March, 2013 for a work assignment nearby. The office staff were very nice, the check in was quick, asking for extra towels was easy, and the check out was quick, The staff even wished me safe travels back to Baltimore since I was driving ahead of an expected snow storm,

The outside of the buildings and the inner hallways were in good shape.

The room surprised me, it was very up-to-date. It rivals some 3 star hotel rooms I have experienced. Hardwood floors, very nice table and sidebar that makes it very easy to work on. It faces the flat screen tv, unlike some hotels were the tv is next to the desk and you have to turn your head sideways if you are trying to watch tv while you work. The internet speed was good, was able to stream a tv show with only a bit of a drag.

The room had a mini-refrig and microwave all built into a very nice wooden unit, which also housed the tv and a chest of drawers. The king bed was comfortable. The heating unit did a great job keeping the temperature steady all night long.

The bathroom was clean, the towels are clean but are of a standard fare, not the worst, not the best hotel towels I've had. But I wasn't expecting 5-star towels.

Overall it is a very nice place, I would stay here again for both pleasure and business if I was in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lsinwm
Tony M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding our hotel and staff. We have a great team and I'm very proud of them and the job they do. Thanks for the recommendation and that you would again choose to stay with us on your next trip be it work or pleasure Thank You!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This Red Roof Inn fit the bill for our quick overnight trip to see a Pittsburgh Playhouse production and visit a former student. Basic but clean, comfortable enough. No problems with noise. Nicely appointed room and bath. Lack of wall to wall carpeting in the room was a little odd, but not a problem. Though I would think that it might exacerbate a noisy situation. And it got really hot in the room overnight, for some reason. Location is a busy suburban retail area, not walkable, and difficult to navigate without GPS. But really close to IKEA and easy access to I-376 that will get you downtown in minutes.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tony M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thanks for staying with us on your recent trip to Pittsburgh. I'm glad you found your room to be clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. Our rooms were recently renovated and well received from recent guest comments such as yours. I will share this review with our team. Thank You!
Philadelphia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It was our bad luck that we planned a trip to Pittsburgh the same weekend of Parents Weekend for Pitt AND the Springsteen concert (which is what we were in town for), and this was the only affordable option that we could find. I booked hoping we'd figure out transportation to and from downtown for the concert on Saturday night. However, we were pleasantly surprised with this place. There's a diner right next to the motel, that serves up decent food, and does take-out. We ate in one night, and ordered breakfast to-go another. The room itself is pretty basic motel-style. The bed was nice, but there was a stinkbug on the sheets. I only saw it once, and didn't see any more after that, so I assumed that it was an isolated incident. The bathrooms are sparse and utilitarian, but overall the room served our need for a place to stay. We took the bus downtown--it's the airport link that stops at the mall across the street. Very quick, easy way that avoids you having to park your car. The only problem was that we had a really difficult time finding a taxi to get us back at the end of the night. So, in the end, I'd recommend if you can't find something in your price range that's a little closer to where you want to go, and if it fits your budget.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mary C
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments of your stay. The Springsteen weekend was a very busy time in the area. I'm glad we were able to accomodate you and that you found us to be a good value. I would hope you your next trip to Pittsburgh brings you back to us.
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed the night after fan-blitz and walk around the city all day. It was warm cozy and very clean. the staff were friendly and very helpful, told us where to get a good hot breakfast. I will stay here again the next time I visit Pittsburgh.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beckie M
Tony M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thanks for posting your review. I will be sure to share it with my team. I'm glad you will be staying with us on future visits to Pittsburgh thank you!