“Very clean and cozy” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Carlisle, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very clean and cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed the night after fan-blitz and walk around the city all day. It was warm cozy and very clean. the staff were friendly and very helpful, told us where to get a good hot breakfast. I will stay here again the next time I visit Pittsburgh.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beckie M
Tony M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thanks for posting your review. I will be sure to share it with my team. I'm glad you will be staying with us on future visits to Pittsburgh thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

1st this has always been a favourite Hotel of mine( see previous reviews) however I'm adding this review having had to spend a night at Pittsburgh Int Airport.Arriving late on Nov 14( around 9.15 pm ) at Pittsburgh Airport.. I called as usual from the telephone bank inside & politely asked if they had a room.The conversation after 5 mins resulted in the phone going "silent".I was asked which room? and said "any" ( having flown from the UK via Paris and NY and pleaded for the shuttle to be sent round.She said she "just took bookings" and did not know if there was a senior rate,and when I "pleaded" for the shuttle to be sent round she kept asking me what room I wanted..in spite of me saying "any" and agreeing to take the $79 room..She did not sound like one of the excellent staff that man the front desk and I was extremely upset when the phone went dead and hung up!,especially after being on the road for nearly 20( TWENTY ) hours from England.I'm a RedRoof card holder and wanted to stay 4 nights having got in early but next day found a 3.5* Hotel through a discount Hotel seller and went there instead.The Red Roof Inn was one of my favourites and I've always recommended it and still have 2000 points on it,the front desk staff in particular and the Hotel Shuttle Express has always been reliable..but getting hung up on after polite request to take any room and send the shuttle round still upsets me.I'm reluctant in future to recommend this one time favourite of mine and usually stay there once a year after being treated this way and having had to spend a night at the Airport..tripadvisor may wish to see my previous good reviews of this Hotel..

Room Tip: Do NOT use the telephone bank inside Pittsburgh Airport and ring the Hotel Direct and remember that...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Falconry1
Tony M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
First and most important my apologies for the poor communication on your call from our airport courtesy phones. The shuttle should of been dispatched immediatley. After a very long day of travel I can unserstand your frustation. I will discuss this with my staff that was on duty that evening but will also follow up with the people who take care of our courtsey phones to check on their functionality. I appreciate your positive previous reviews and certainly understand this one.I would hope on your next visit to Pittsburgh you will chose stay with us.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

This location is wonderful. The hotel is clean, modern, comfortable and in a wonderful location near lots of shops and restaurants. We stayed here once before and the second time around was just as good as the first. We had the executive king. It's a large room with a very comfortable bed, desk chair and other seating. Lots of lights too. The staff at check in and check out were wonderful as well. The only complaints I have are A) the lights fixtures directly above the bed have sharp edges and I banged my hand twice while stretching. B) not enough towels in the room. Yes you can get extras at reception, but it'd be nice to have more than 2 of everything in a king room and C) the pillows were very hard.
We will stay at this location again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank randimarshall
Tony M, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.Thanks also for the recommendation.I'm glad your second stay was as good as the first. I'm looking forward for your third stay being as good as the first two.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My son is in the hospital in Pittsburgh, and being die hard RRI fans, we decided to check out the Pittsburgh South location because they advertise that they have all new rooms. They were NOT kidding!! The rooms are very upscale for the price we paid, and not to mention VERY clean and comfortable. The bedding was amazing, the TV spectacular, and the decor was very modern and tasteful. I can't understand how such a nice hotel can charge so little for their rooms. I personally cannot understand why anyone would stay anywhere else. Take it from me, if you're looking for a great place to stay in Pittsburgh, this is the hotel for you. Thanks to everyone at the Inn for your hard work in making us feel welcome and wanted.

Room Tip: Request a bottom floor room. They always do their best to accommodate our request!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank WVStew
RedRoofInnpitt, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience. It is great to know you enjoyed your stay and like our recent renovation. I will share this with my staff . They do work hard and our very proud.. Your feed back will surely help others with lodging their decisions. Thanks again and look to see you on a future stay
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was one of the least expensive places we found next to the airport that included a free shuttle ... yet one of the nicest hotel rooms.

I admit I ususally go for more stars when staying in hotels, but figured it was for just one night. This room was nice enough to have been thrilled with my stay even if it had been a week.

Small fridge, microwave, coffee maker and safe ... all in-room. Brand new everything done in a very modern decor. The sink and faucets and the flat screen are much higher end than the price shows.

The lady at check-in was also good, professional, and quick.

We will be staying here again when in Pittsburgh. Way to upgrade, Red Roof Inn!

Room Tip: It's built on hills, so if you're using the shuttle to the airport and you have a disability...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JulieDSP
Tony M, Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank You for reviewing our property. I'm glad you enjoyed the upgrades from our recent renovation. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at this place for one night in late December as a quick stopover on our road trip. Very good value for what you pay. The room was clean, nicely decorated and service was friendly.

The only negative point I have is that they stated very explicitly in signage as well as when we checked in that it was a non-smoking facility and we would be fined $200 if we smoked (we don't). However, when we got to our room it reeked of smoke. It was so strong that we were worried our clothes and luggage would smell once we left in the morning. Had we not been so tired from driving we would've asked to change rooms.

As long as you get a room that doesn't smell like smoke, I would still recommend this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jenncruz
Thank you for taking the time to review our property as well as the recommendation. Some of our guests have abused our non smoking policy and we do our best to enforce it and return a room that has been smoked in to proper condition. Thanks for staying with and looking forward to seeing you on a future visit.
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We booked this motel after looking on Google Hotels for places matching our criteria. I also saw that it had 4 stars on Tripadvisor.
All rooms are newly renovated and our room was very clean. The beds are comfortable. The heater is a bit old but works great. All floors are laminated so rolling the suitcases is easy. All rooms have flatscreens with a HDMI port on the side, so you can connect laptops etc easily. Our room also has a microwave, coffemaker and fridge, there's really not much more to ask for.

The only slightly negative would be the very small bathroom, and the shower doesn't have great pressure. But those things you can easily live with. We'd come here again for sure.

There's a mall really close, as well as all the big shops (Walmart, Kmart, Best Buy etc) for those who need stuff to stock up on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple