“visiting a friend”

Red Roof PLUS+ Pittsburgh South Airport
Ranked #49 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The shopping was great and real close by, Ava gave us great advice and got the pizza problem solved! My room was very clean and quiet!! Restaurants were very close, actually within walking distance . Parking was well lighted and we felt really secure and safe .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I regularly stay at the Red Roof, Pittsburgh Airport South location. It is a wonderful home away from home, and the new remodel makes it even better. More importantly though, the staff is exceptional! I happened to be there recently on an especially busy evening. I was amazed at how Chrissy, the front desk agent, was able to multi-task so beautifully. Between continuously checking guests in, responding to questions and requests, answering phone calls, etc., she was so impressive with the courteous, efficient and timely manner in which she accomplished everything. It was another example of why I never consider staying any place else when I am in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at this Red Roof Inn last summer and they have done a nice remodeling job on their rooms. Our room was clean, beds were nice, although if you are staying here with more than 2 people, you should ask for more pillows-I wish we did. TV is very nice-flat screen mounted on the wall. The only issue I had was the toilet-it took forever to go down and you had to hold the flusher. Also it would be nice to have another wastebasket in the room. You can't beat the price or the location, and they do provide free WiFi.

Room Tip: if you don't need a fridge or microwave, ask for room without it-its about 5-10 dollars less!
1  Thank calla68
Reviewed July 17, 2012

While there is nothing over the top bad about this place, the reviews led us to expect more. Clearly the place has been renovated - in the past. The renovations are looking a bit old already. I expect in a couple of years, it won't look renovated anymore. It is nearing the end of that life. The towels are more like sandpaper, they are clean, but old and really scratchy. The air conditioning is LOUD and kept me up most of the night. While they are very clear about it being non smoking, the clientele aren't listening, for this I feel bad for them. The hallway smelled of smoke - so clearly someone is smoking and our blanket had cigarette burns in it, which grossed me out. While the room was clean, and they are trying, I found tons of long black hairs in the bathtub and all over the shower curtain, and on a shelf were left over grape stems. Yuck. We are not really that picky (though I may sound it) and we stayed here for two days, we could have left. But if I had to do it again, we would have paid $20-$40 more for a nicer, cleaner place. Just felt like the reviews we read led us to think we were getting more then we got. Like someone said, it is a Red Roof Inn. The people were all nice enough. I wouldn't recommend this place though.

Room Tip: There are lots of chain restaurants near the mall if you like those, and there is a diner style rest...
3  Thank MaineMomma
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very good value for dollar. Friendly staff. Convenient location. Clean room with basic bathroom amenities. Would stay again.

1  Thank hodad57
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We needed a place to rest on a long trip and picked this hotel based on online reviews. The room was clean and pleasant, serving our needs just fine.The new renovations are very nice and accommodating. The bathroom was small but negotiable. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cavertoo
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed here before my wife, daughter and I flew out for my daughter's Make A Wish trip and the evening we returned. Staff was super helpful with everything. Room was nice, had everything we needed for our stay and was recently renovated. Very helpful with the Shuttle to and from the airport. The staff was great when my daughter left her laptop on the Shuttle. Extended stay for your car is cheap also. I will stay here anytime I fly out of Pittsburgh again.
Note to Hotel: STOP USING THOSE BED SPREADS and get better pillows. Our bed spreads were clean and we brought extra pillows or I might have removed at least one rating point.

Room Tip: Get there early because parking can be tricky.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family