All reviews room was clean robinson township short stay minute drive free parking steelers game motel ava redroof phillips microwave desk walmart ikea linens concert shuttle
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I regularly stay at the Red Roof, Pittsburgh Airport South location. It is a wonderful home away from home, and the new remodel makes it even better. More importantly though, the staff is exceptional! I happened to be there recently on an especially busy evening. I was amazed at how Chrissy, the front desk agent, was able to multi-task so beautifully. Between continuously checking guests in, responding to questions and requests, answering phone calls, etc., she was so impressive with the courteous, efficient and timely manner in which she accomplished everything. It was another example of why I never consider staying any place else when I am in Pittsburgh.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed at this Red Roof Inn last summer and they have done a nice remodeling job on their rooms. Our room was clean, beds were nice, although if you are staying here with more than 2 people, you should ask for more pillows-I wish we did. TV is very nice-flat screen mounted on the wall. The only issue I had was the toilet-it took forever to go down and you had to hold the flusher. Also it would be nice to have another wastebasket in the room. You can't beat the price or the location, and they do provide free WiFi.

Room tip: if you don't need a fridge or microwave, ask for room without it-its about 5-10 dollars less!
1  Thank calla68
Reviewed July 17, 2012

While there is nothing over the top bad about this place, the reviews led us to expect more. Clearly the place has been renovated - in the past. The renovations are looking a bit old already. I expect in a couple of years, it won't look renovated anymore. It is nearing the end of that life. The towels are more like sandpaper, they are clean, but old and really scratchy. The air conditioning is LOUD and kept me up most of the night. While they are very clear about it being non smoking, the clientele aren't listening, for this I feel bad for them. The hallway smelled of smoke - so clearly someone is smoking and our blanket had cigarette burns in it, which grossed me out. While the room was clean, and they are trying, I found tons of long black hairs in the bathtub and all over the shower curtain, and on a shelf were left over grape stems. Yuck. We are not really that picky (though I may sound it) and we stayed here for two days, we could have left. But if I had to do it again, we would have paid $20-$40 more for a nicer, cleaner place. Just felt like the reviews we read led us to think we were getting more then we got. Like someone said, it is a Red Roof Inn. The people were all nice enough. I wouldn't recommend this place though.

Room tip: There are lots of chain restaurants near the mall if you like those, and there is a diner style restaurant that has just opened right next to the hotel. They serve Breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the strip mall near the hotel is a good coffee shop, Nikos coffee - its got pretty good coffee and small breakfast food (muffins, etc.)
3  Thank MaineMomma
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very good value for dollar. Friendly staff. Convenient location. Clean room with basic bathroom amenities. Would stay again.

1  Thank hodad57
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We needed a place to rest on a long trip and picked this hotel based on online reviews. The room was clean and pleasant, serving our needs just fine.The new renovations are very nice and accommodating. The bathroom was small but negotiable. I would recommend staying here.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple