All reviews room was clean the maintenance man robinson township shopping and restaurants minute drive free parking motel redroof microwave desk housekeeper ikea linens shuttle
Reviewed July 17, 2012

While there is nothing over the top bad about this place, the reviews led us to expect more. Clearly the place has been renovated - in the past. The renovations are looking a bit old already. I expect in a couple of years, it won't look renovated anymore. It is nearing the end of that life. The towels are more like sandpaper, they are clean, but old and really scratchy. The air conditioning is LOUD and kept me up most of the night. While they are very clear about it being non smoking, the clientele aren't listening, for this I feel bad for them. The hallway smelled of smoke - so clearly someone is smoking and our blanket had cigarette burns in it, which grossed me out. While the room was clean, and they are trying, I found tons of long black hairs in the bathtub and all over the shower curtain, and on a shelf were left over grape stems. Yuck. We are not really that picky (though I may sound it) and we stayed here for two days, we could have left. But if I had to do it again, we would have paid $20-$40 more for a nicer, cleaner place. Just felt like the reviews we read led us to think we were getting more then we got. Like someone said, it is a Red Roof Inn. The people were all nice enough. I wouldn't recommend this place though.

Room Tip: There are lots of chain restaurants near the mall if you like those, and there is a diner style restaurant that has just opened right next to the hotel. They serve Breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the strip mall near the hotel is a good coffee shop, Nikos coffee - its got pretty good coffee and small breakfast food (muffins, etc.)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MaineMomma
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Very good value for dollar. Friendly staff. Convenient location. Clean room with basic bathroom amenities. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hodad57
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We needed a place to rest on a long trip and picked this hotel based on online reviews. The room was clean and pleasant, serving our needs just fine.The new renovations are very nice and accommodating. The bathroom was small but negotiable. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cavertoo
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed here before my wife, daughter and I flew out for my daughter's Make A Wish trip and the evening we returned. Staff was super helpful with everything. Room was nice, had everything we needed for our stay and was recently renovated. Very helpful with the Shuttle to and from the airport. The staff was great when my daughter left her laptop on the Shuttle. Extended stay for your car is cheap also. I will stay here anytime I fly out of Pittsburgh again.
Note to Hotel: STOP USING THOSE BED SPREADS and get better pillows. Our bed spreads were clean and we brought extra pillows or I might have removed at least one rating point.

Room Tip: Get there early because parking can be tricky.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was on a long road trip by myself and decided I needed to stop for the night. My dog travels with me, so Red Roof Inn is my go to since they are pet friendly with no fees. I found this one off the interstate and was pleasantly surprised! I had heard that Red Roof Inns were all in the process of being updated and let me tell you - this place looked fantastic! It was reasonably priced for the night, about $85 after taxes. As a single female, I was really appreciative that they put me on the second floor as all the entrances to those units are inside. The room had new hardwood floors (genius!) and the beds were comfy with newer looking blankets and comforters. The night stand even had a power strip built in! No more searching for extra electrical outlets to charge your phone! The bathroom was updated as well, with plenty of counter space and a shower that drained adequately. My only real complaint was that the air conditioner was not working, in July. It was running on the fan when I walked in, so I switched it over to 'low air' and it started to blow a little bit colder air, but not what I would expect from an air conditioner. When I put it in 'high air', it started to blow a little harder, but still not ice cold air. After about 30 minutes of running, the room was not any significantly cooler than when I arrived and the unit began to make an AWFUL sound. It was loud enough to keep me awake (I'm sure the people below me could hear it). At that point, it was well past midnight and I was exhausted from the day, so I didn't even think to ask to for another room. I am cold natured anyway and was fine to sleep without the a/c and just the fan on. If you find yourself at this Red Roof Inn and require a good air conditioning unit, make sure you check before you settle into your room! Overall, this place served it's purpose for me (sleep) and again, I was shocked at how nice Red Roof Inns are starting to look!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo