All reviewsroom was cleanthe maintenance manrobinson townshipshopping and restaurantsminute drivefree parkingmotelredroofmicrowavedeskhousekeeperikealinensshuttle
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was on a long road trip by myself and decided I needed to stop for the night. My dog travels with me, so Red Roof Inn is my go to since they are pet friendly with no fees. I found this one off the interstate and was pleasantly surprised! I had heard that Red Roof Inns were all in the process of being updated and let me tell you - this place looked fantastic! It was reasonably priced for the night, about $85 after taxes. As a single female, I was really appreciative that they put me on the second floor as all the entrances to those units are inside. The room had new hardwood floors (genius!) and the beds were comfy with newer looking blankets and comforters. The night stand even had a power strip built in! No more searching for extra electrical outlets to charge your phone! The bathroom was updated as well, with plenty of counter space and a shower that drained adequately. My only real complaint was that the air conditioner was not working, in July. It was running on the fan when I walked in, so I switched it over to 'low air' and it started to blow a little bit colder air, but not what I would expect from an air conditioner. When I put it in 'high air', it started to blow a little harder, but still not ice cold air. After about 30 minutes of running, the room was not any significantly cooler than when I arrived and the unit began to make an AWFUL sound. It was loud enough to keep me awake (I'm sure the people below me could hear it). At that point, it was well past midnight and I was exhausted from the day, so I didn't even think to ask to for another room. I am cold natured anyway and was fine to sleep without the a/c and just the fan on. If you find yourself at this Red Roof Inn and require a good air conditioning unit, make sure you check before you settle into your room! Overall, this place served it's purpose for me (sleep) and again, I was shocked at how nice Red Roof Inns are starting to look!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Frequently work in this area for extended periods. Often difficult to find a nice hotel reasonably priced since I am reimbursed on a per diem basis. I would highly recommend this hotel. Great location near major shopping and dining and near Giant Eagles Market District. Hotel staff, Chrissy, Sharon and Carolyn has also been very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was really surprised by this motel. When we arrived I was a little disappointed in how the outside of the building looked. It gave me the impression that the motel wasn't going to be that great. I don't know what it is but the building looks kinda old from the outside.
The surprised was when we went to our room. The rooms are new looking, clean, and great. The bed was good and the pillows were excellent. The staff was helpful with everything we could need.
I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you don't use the room safe they will take that charge off in the morning.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Matt-W8888,

I wanted to take this opportunity and thank you for posting your review. We strive in providing the highest quality stay we can for our guests. Your kind words will be shared with the staff and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us.

Tony Marcenelle

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We came to crush for the night after a very long day of travel. The hostess was very nice and the price for the room was fair.

The room was very clean and fresh. It included everything we needed for the night including free Wi Fi, clean shower, comfortable bed. We didn't really need more than that from the hotel.

We dropped by the restaurant next to the hotel for breakfast and found out that Hotel visitors get a discount at the restaurant (Central)

The only thing I was disapointed about - no recycling bins.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

ErezC,

Red Roof Inn is built off the concept of providing the right amount of room for the the right price, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay after a long day and was able enjoy a meal next door. I understand your concerns about recycling cans in the rooms but we do recycle on premisis using a second dumpster. We are an earth friendly hotel constantly looking for ways to reduce our impact and its good to know that our guests are too. Thank you for your review and safe travels.

Tony Marcenelle

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Spent 3 nights here. Location is excellent....lots of shopping and restaurants in the area. Room was disappointing in many ways. It was clean and apparently had been redecorated very recently. That said....there was no hair dryer and not a single box of tissues. Towels were thin and like sandpaper....HOWEVER there was a very modern state of the art sink and a safe in the room! No hairdryer...no tissues...paper thin towels, but a safe and flat screen tv! Who ever was in charge of amenities got it all wrong in my opinion. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a place that didn't have a hair dryer....let alone a box of tissues!! Did I mention that there is no breakfast either?? They need to prioritize their amenities.....hair dryer and tissues...necessary. State of the art sink and room safe....not so much. Really bizzare experience... unfortunately I won't be returning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family