All reviewsroom was cleanthe maintenance manrobinson townshipshopping and restaurantsminute drivefree parkingmotelredroofmicrowavedeskhousekeeperikealinensshuttle
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was really surprised by this motel. When we arrived I was a little disappointed in how the outside of the building looked. It gave me the impression that the motel wasn't going to be that great. I don't know what it is but the building looks kinda old from the outside.
The surprised was when we went to our room. The rooms are new looking, clean, and great. The bed was good and the pillows were excellent. The staff was helpful with everything we could need.
I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you don't use the room safe they will take that charge off in the morning.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Matt-W8888,

I wanted to take this opportunity and thank you for posting your review. We strive in providing the highest quality stay we can for our guests. Your kind words will be shared with the staff and we hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for your review and for choosing to stay with us.

Tony Marcenelle

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We came to crush for the night after a very long day of travel. The hostess was very nice and the price for the room was fair.

The room was very clean and fresh. It included everything we needed for the night including free Wi Fi, clean shower, comfortable bed. We didn't really need more than that from the hotel.

We dropped by the restaurant next to the hotel for breakfast and found out that Hotel visitors get a discount at the restaurant (Central)

The only thing I was disapointed about - no recycling bins.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

ErezC,

Red Roof Inn is built off the concept of providing the right amount of room for the the right price, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay after a long day and was able enjoy a meal next door. I understand your concerns about recycling cans in the rooms but we do recycle on premisis using a second dumpster. We are an earth friendly hotel constantly looking for ways to reduce our impact and its good to know that our guests are too. Thank you for your review and safe travels.

Tony Marcenelle

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Spent 3 nights here. Location is excellent....lots of shopping and restaurants in the area. Room was disappointing in many ways. It was clean and apparently had been redecorated very recently. That said....there was no hair dryer and not a single box of tissues. Towels were thin and like sandpaper....HOWEVER there was a very modern state of the art sink and a safe in the room! No hairdryer...no tissues...paper thin towels, but a safe and flat screen tv! Who ever was in charge of amenities got it all wrong in my opinion. I can't remember the last time I stayed in a place that didn't have a hair dryer....let alone a box of tissues!! Did I mention that there is no breakfast either?? They need to prioritize their amenities.....hair dryer and tissues...necessary. State of the art sink and room safe....not so much. Really bizzare experience... unfortunately I won't be returning.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ThreeOnTheRoad
Reviewed May 30, 2012

The location is great. The bed was great and their was a flat screen tv.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 689susanl
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn for one night after having visited the Kennywood amusement park. We just saw their led-sign advertising a very afforrdable rate, a did not expect much more than a standard roadside motel. So we were surprised to find a room that was obviously newly decorated in a very modern and contemporary style. It combined cream-colour walls with dark wood furniture and aluminum lamps. After having having stayed at many motels in that price range, that pretty much all looked alike and rather old, this was truly a pleasant surprise. Needless to say, everything was clean, the beds were comfortable. Staff was very friendly an helpful. I have just two minor complaints, but those may not bother other travellers. The AC unit ran not particularly loud, but at an unusual high and annoying sound frequency...it was like listening to a running vacuum cleaner. We could not turn it off, because it was a very warm night. And despite being all new, the pillows were the dreaded brick-like motel pillows. I prefer my pillows fluffy. But other than that the Red Roof Inn was very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family