All reviewsroom was cleanthe maintenance manrobinson townshipshopping and restaurantsminute drivefree parkingmotelredroofmicrowavedeskhousekeeperikealinensshuttle
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn for one night after having visited the Kennywood amusement park. We just saw their led-sign advertising a very afforrdable rate, a did not expect much more than a standard roadside motel. So we were surprised to find a room that was obviously newly decorated in a very modern and contemporary style. It combined cream-colour walls with dark wood furniture and aluminum lamps. After having having stayed at many motels in that price range, that pretty much all looked alike and rather old, this was truly a pleasant surprise. Needless to say, everything was clean, the beds were comfortable. Staff was very friendly an helpful. I have just two minor complaints, but those may not bother other travellers. The AC unit ran not particularly loud, but at an unusual high and annoying sound frequency...it was like listening to a running vacuum cleaner. We could not turn it off, because it was a very warm night. And despite being all new, the pillows were the dreaded brick-like motel pillows. I prefer my pillows fluffy. But other than that the Red Roof Inn was very good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Karsten W
Reviewed May 17, 2012

What a nice hotel! The front desk staff was friendly, the room was spacious & clean, plus they offered free parking as well. Absolutely no complaints, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank depechegirl02
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We have just completed a month long trip, staying at Red Roof Hotels EVERY night and this was up amongst the best. Well done housekeeping, very clean, fresh smelling room with well made bed. Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SugarbabeVermont
Reviewed April 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here on 4/25/12. The women at the front desk at check-in was very nice. Women checking out on 4/26/12 not very friendly. It took her awhile to acknowledge us, even though we were standing right in front of her, not even a "hello", just silence until she was ready. However, the worst part of our one night trip was the cleanliness of our room #235. First thing we did apon entering the room was use the restroom after our long drive. Toilet had stuff? on the inside, so I flushed it, but it was just really stained - hairs on the tub, tub had some black stains in it. Furniture was dusty, air conditoning unit was full of dust and particles and it was very loud. We did not dare use the provided ice bucket, which was located on the shelf right above & near the toilet, which I thought was a very unsanitary place for it...was COVERED with hair and dust - it was disgusting. The floors were absolutely HORRIBLE. It looked like it had not been vacuumed in weeks. We would not even dare go in our bare feet. The bottoms of our socks were BLACK. There were crumbs, dust and hair all of the floor and carpet. The worst thing I discovered when I was looking for an outlet, was a HUGE ratted mess of hair, it was the size of a small animal, behind a chair in the corner of the room. I took a picture of it with my cell phone & if I could figure out how to post it, I would! I can't beleive the maid Samantha left her name on a comment card in our room. I would have been extremely embarrassed to have my name associated with the lack of work that was done to the room. Needless to say, we did not leave any sort of tip like we usually do when we stay somewhere. I have a small 1,000 sqft house and it takes me a half hour to run a vacuum thru it. This room was very small..how long could it have possibly taken to vacuum? Probably five minutes - tops. I understand that this is an "affordable" inn, and we were not in any way expecting the Ritz, but there is just no excuse for the lack of care that this room was given before our arrival. The owner of this inn should be embarrassed. I did complete the comment card and handed it to the women at check-out, for whatever reason I don't know. I'm not expecting any sort of response from management, you can obviously see that they just don't care. Don't forget to ask for your $1.50 back if you don't use the safe. Hopefully, we'll get that back...even though I think we should get our $71.81 back for the BEYOND DIRTY room we were given...owner/management should be ashamed. Will never stay here again or recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank coasterpeoplekj
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed one night, special Sunday night rate found on internet but made reservation by direct call. Beds very comfortable, clean and firm. Room clean and acceptable. Smallish bathroom like most Red Roofs. Good temperature control. Would have been a perfect overnight stay excepting for buzzing fan noise from heating unit when on. Motel is on a shopping mall ring road. At morning check out be sure to request cancelling the add-on $1.50 charge for the safe.

Room Tip: No continental breakfast at this location, but many restaurants in area. Bob Evans and Appleby's close. Also Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Joe's Crab Shack and fast food locations.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family