All reviewsroom was cleanthe maintenance manrobinson townshipshopping and restaurantsminute drivefree parkingmotelredroofmicrowavedeskhousekeeperikealinensshuttle
Reviewed February 9, 2012

For a low priced hotel chain, this place was really nice. Their recently renovated the rooms had some nice touches such as upgraded bed linens, granite counter tops in the bathroom, and nice looking, partially laminated floors. The furniture looked chic, although it wasn't expensive, and the overall look of the room was pleasing. I would definitely recommend staying here as I think this is the nicest place I've stayed within this low price range ($50-$65).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Lenie7
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Stayed there after arriving in the US for the first time. Price per night in a double-bed-room was 64.99$. The staff was very friendly and the room was very clean. The room offered free wi-fi, towels, tv (free and pay-tv programs) and a safe (1.50$ per day). The rooms were strictly non-smoking areas.
The area around the inn is typical suburbs area with a lot of malls and fast food restaurants. I´ll rate it average because it´s not too far from the centre of Pittsburgh but without a car it´s difficult to reach any place of interest.
All in all it was nice to stay there, I would choose this Motel a second time.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Gilbert F
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I traveled from Ohio to New Hampshire for the holidays with my sister, her husband and their 1 year old son and Pitt South was fantastic! Airline tickets were exhorbitant out of Columbus so we drove 3 hours to Pittsburgh and stayed the night at this Red Roof. We got in around 10pm (so it was nice that it was so easy to access from the highway) with the little one and Carolyn was wonderful. I hadn't mentioned my nephew when making our Park and Ride reservation and we were set to be on the second floor. When Carolyn heard that we had the tiny guy she quickly changed us to a first floor room so we could transfer him to the room as quickly and easily as possible.

We scheduled our airport shuttle for the morning and made it to our room. It was a lovely room! Carolyn let us know they were renovating the property and our room turned out to be one of the finished ones. It was beautiful! The floors looked like hardwood and were extremely clean with a little carpet on either side of the beds. The vanity area was plenty big for three adults to easily utilize in the morning and having the fridge and microwave was helpful for keeping yogurt cold for my nephew. The beds were super comfortable and the pretty, new covers were very cozy. Overall a great room!

Our shuttle arrived exactly when we asked the next morrning and we only had one stop on the way to the airport so it was nice and quick. The driver was pleasant and happy to answer questions for us. When we arrived at the airport coming home, Carolyn was working again and was extremely helpful in getting us to the right place to pick up the shuttle. She definitely made the trip less stressful.

Overall, we were thrilled with how the trip went, we will likely replicate the process for our next trip to New Hampshire. The room was amazing, the staff very helpful, and the Park and Ride option for only $10 extra was a dream. I can't even imagine how much it would have cost to park at the airport for a week! Thanks to everyone at Pitt South!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jimlikeschkn
Reviewed October 23, 2011

The hotel is in a great location near shops and restaurants; casinos and attractions were not too far away. Many trucks and trailers and what seemed to be a construction crew staying onsite- and cooking in the parking lot on a small grill:) Hotel itself is older, but it was clean and I had no concerns. Plenty of parking available, but lots are down a semi-steep hill. Inside corridors in parts of the hotel. I had a late arrival so I did not look for amenities, but I don't believe there was much extra. One computer in lobby. This was a late minute trip and I still got a good price. Although this wasn't my first choice, I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ozbound08
Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed here for three nights. The rooms were huge with a desk area, microfridge and good size bathroom.

The staff were helpful and were able to give us a 3pm check out on request. The motel is in a woody, hilly area which is very pleasant. Nearby are several large strip malls with everything you need.

Also a 24 hour gas station across the road which has lots of choice (cheesy chips at 3am? No worries!)

You need a car if you want to get into Pittsburgh but it's a relaxing stay and good value.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple