“Annual Steeler Game”

Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #49 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

I stayed at the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh for a work conference. I was a bit terrified to go since I had read many tales of woe on here, but was pleasantly surprised with the great corner room I received upon check-in. The bed was comfortable and the room was generally clean, but the place didn't "wow" me as I think a Wyndham Grand should. In general, I think they are trying to improve in many areas, but it is slow-going. Some of the rooms and areas are renovated and some are not, which is why there are a variety of reviews on here....I happened to get an updated room. The elevators take forever, so I was happy to be on a lower floor (9). The two main departments I think should be improved upon are customer service and housekeeping. The staff were less than friendly and when asked if I could have an extra 1/2 hour for check-out because of conflicting conference duties, I was told an absolute "NO" and that a bellman could come get my things right away (which were not packed at that point). Check-in and check-out processes were smile-free from the staff-side and I was never asked how I was doing or if I needed help with anything. As far as housekeeping goes, much of the furniture in my room was dusty, the trash was not taken out daily, and I was not provided with a bathmat on 3 out of the 4 days I was there. I guess they're good at vacuuming, but they also do it in the lobby at noon on a Saturday, when it happens to be one of their busiest times. On the upside, the location is prime, the views are nice, and I was able to walk to many of my destinations (Andy Warhol Museum, Penn Brewery, Starbucks). I would stay here again, but only at a discounted room rate and if the customer service and housekeeping was improved.

Room Tip: Ask which floors have been renovated and ask for a corner room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WYNPITmgmt, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Amy, Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Grand for your recent Pittsburgh visit. We are glad to know you enjoyed your guestroom. We appreciate that you took the time to share your observations, which we will also share with our team. Should your plans bring you back to the area, we hope to see you again.