“Slightly Disappointed”

Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #51 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Wyndham for St. Patrick's day and it was great location to downtown, casino, bars & restaurants. The rooms were clean and updated. Only negative was the water wouldn't fully shut off all the time but beyond that it was great. No refrigerator in rooms but ice machine on every floor. The breakfast buffet in the morning was not included but it was very good! Valet was full when we got there so we had to park across the street in the parking garage which is $20 a night. Great view from the 7th floor also!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Melissa, We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay during the city's St. Patrick's Day celebration. Your feedback is valuable to all visitors and we appreciate that you took the time to share. Come back and see us again!
NJ
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I don't review many hotels we stay in but I wanted to rate this to commend the excellent service we received. From my initial call to book a room, Tiffany was personable and listened to my requests. When we arrived, she greeted me and my family. We needed a larger room with a solid door (first one had some distorted glass and she moved us to a larger room with a large bathroom with a solid door. Tiffany even left us a message to see if everything was to our liking. I had forgotten to remove the "DO NOT DISTURB" sign from our door when we left the room and our room was not made up. I called housekeeping and they were excellent and came and made up the room for us in the early evening. I found everyone friendly and it seemed they really wanted to please us. The hotel is under some construction as mentioned by others which I knew before staying, I was impressed with how attentive the service was.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Just-the-skinny
Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Grand. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we will pass along your compliments to our staff. We hope you return to Pittsburgh and we have another opportunity to serve you!