“The internet was slow and there was a lot of noise in the...”

Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #55 of 73 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The internet was slow and there was a lot of noise in the hallways and due to construction. This is my 3rd year there and there is still construction going on.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Elicia, We are glad to have you return. We are nearing the completion of our renovation and are sure you will be pleased with the result... we hope to see you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,556)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 15, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Reviewed March 14, 2013

There are ample rooms here for meetings, from small to Ballroom size.
Theres is a restaurant in the hotel too, which I didn't get to dine at ,but menu was posted to look at and prices seemed reasonable.
The bar is small and cozy and right next to the restaurant.
All the staff that I had any contact with were very courteous and very helpful.
I don't have a bad word to say about my 4 nite stay, other than 1st hotel I ever stayed at with no refridgerator and no microwave. So be forwarned.
There is no pool here either, but rooms are clean..
There is dine in room service too from hotel's restaurant menu.
i would definitely stay here again
My stay was for a Union Conference

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better the view.. But be aware, there are no microwaves or refridgerators...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us during your conference. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are well into our current renovation project, and once complete we are happy to say the new pool will also be in operation. With regard to refrigerators and microwaves, we do have a limited supply available to our guests on a first come basis. All of our suites do have a refrigerator as standard in those rooms. We appreciate that you took the time to share your comments. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Wyndam Grand in downtown Pittsburgh was a last-minute choice for a business trip when the hotel I thought I had booked, the one with the conference, bungled the reservation. You always worry when you have to fly half way across the country to a hotel you didn't intend to stay at, and only researched for a few minutes before committing. Thankfully, this worked out exceedingly well, and would be my first choice if I were to return to Pittsburgh.

The price for the room was a deciding factor in my case, and thankfully this hotel came through with a rate 30% under some of the hotels in the area. Again, I was a little worried, but it worked out great. For my $139 I got a comfortably appointed room with a single King size bed, a nice flat screen television, a suitable desk (I had a lot of work to do, so the fact that the desk was comfortable and not for show was awesome), and a wonderful view of the downtown district. The windows are floor to ceiling, and I found myself turning off the lights and just looking out the window while on the phone--really wonderful.

I found the staff polite and helpful with directions, the building quiet, and everything very clean. I love all of those things in a hotel.

Room Tip: Great views facing into the downtown area on the East side of the building. Great restaurants wit...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your accommodation and that our staff was helpful. We appreciate your feedback and hope your travel plans will bring you back to our fine city and that we have another opportunity to serve you.