“Sheet Talent Dance Competition” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown

Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #49 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Portage
“Sheet Talent Dance Competition”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

When we walked into the lobby we were not greeted by any staff member. The woman who I checked in with was not friendly, did not greet me or tell me to enjoy my stay. I booked a room with a river view -- I had a view of the roof!! If I pressed my face to the glass and looked to the right I saw a tiny bit of the river. My window was also splashed with what looked like tar, all over it. I did not have a "Do Not Disturb" sign hanging on the knob inside my room, my daughter and I were staying from Fri-Sun and I did not want housekeeping service. I called the front desk Friday night and requested no housekeeping service and they said, "No problem, we will make a note and inform housekeeping". Well, we went to breakfast early Saturday morning, came back to the room and housekeeping had been there. They also put a $100 hold on my bank account in addition to the cost of the room. In addition, they charged my card the cost of the room on Friday night and again on Sunday when I checked out. Monday when I checked my bank account I was double charged for the room and this wasn't corrected until Wednesday. Although the room was clean it was terribly small and smelled of stale cigarette smoke.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Melissa, We appreciate that you chose the Wyndham brand during your stay for the dance conference. We are very sorry for any shortcomings in our service that affected your stay. We can assure you that we are addressing each of your concerns directly with our leadership team so we can make the needed improvements. It is our hope that your travels will bring you back to Pittsburgh, and that we have another opportunity to serve you. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)