“I have stayed at Wyndam Grand many times in the last year...”

Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #51 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Loved my room. Nicely decorated, deep rich colors. Great bed. Nice view of the stadium and the weekend snow. Bell staff were very helpful. Facility very clean. Complimentary shuttle bus was such a help. The only bummer was no workout facility. With low temps and lot of snow, I wasn't brave enough to run outside.

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh. We do have a workout facility in our hotel that is accessible with your guest room key. We hope that our staff did not convey to you that it was not available during your stay. If they did, please feel free to contact our executive offices directly so we may get more information. In the meantime, we would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again!

A Wyndham traveler

1  Thank A Wyndham traveler
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Reviewed February 14, 2013

The location is prime, overlooking the Fort Pitt point and an easy walk to Pittsburgh's culture district and downtown venues. But this Wyndham is in transition, newly-acquired from Hilton. So it's kind-of-a-mess, from first-impression through in-room details -- the kind that are expected from a hotel of this stature. Such as: Formal dining room closed; no frig in-room; funky valets and erratic concierge info; noisy & intrusive housekeeping; missing duvet-wrap sheets; used dishes left to sit along the hallway.
If you find a bargain, need a bed, and feel like taking a chance, then by all means! But if you're looking for top-shelf, city-hotel atmosphere and service, stand by for future reviews.

Room Tip: We were booked into the penthouse floor, but the "executive suite" lounge was closed. NB...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We hope you will accept our apology for the shortcomings in our service that affected your stay. We will take this information to heart and can assure you that improvements are on their way. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were very impressed with the bell staff and valets, as we were greeted immediately upon pulling into the hotel driveway. The desk staff were courteous and quite efficient, helping with directions and offering restaurant recommendations, as well as outlining all the amentities available in the hotel itself. We liked the decor, and were very happy with our location on the 20th Floor. The room itself was immaculate and extremely comfortable and inviting. In short, we couldn't have asked for a more enjoyable hotel experience.

1  Thank Denise D

Dear Denise, Thank you for choosing the Wyndham brand. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. If you plans bring you back to Pittsburgh, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

3  Thank Katelyn W
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Okay, I stayed from Thursday to Sunday. This review will be kind of long, but I have lots to say about this place. To start with, I checked in Thursday evening. One person working the front, took about 10 minutes to get checked in with people in front of me. However, she was super friendly. Next up the room. It's not grand like the name implies. It's pretty small. For $190/night it was a pretty crappy view of another building and McDonald's too. There was a place for a fridge, but no fridge. I get I can request one, but why have the spot. The bathroom is tiny. The shower is weird. There is no door on it, but it has about half glasses, so my floor got wet. There is a weird glass door, so if you're not staying with someone close, it could be awkward. Also, it'll be nice when the pool is done, no tub to relax in. Next up, the so called complimentary high speed internet. There isn't any. On the free internet, I got .3 megs download. My Verizon jetback was much fast so I used it the entire weekend. You can pay to upgrade for $10/day, but after reading some reviews it's not worth it. The valet here is pretty bad as well. On Friday after dinner I came back and had to go to the valet booth myself to give them my keys. The most worrisome event happened Saturday night. I got back to the hotel around 11:50pm. There was a couple inside the valet booth. I got up and they asked me if I was valet. I told them no. So he starts cussing saying they've waited 15 minutes for valet to get their car keys. They were inside looking for the keys. I went to the front desk and told them what was going on and she said, "Yup, they've been out there a while." No help at all. So I went back outside. The couple after about 5 minutes found there keys, got in a car and left. Shortly after the valet guy comes up. I give him my keys and that was it. So, I guess, use valet at your own risk. Valet booth is left unattended and you can get your keys yourself if you want. One nice thing about this place is the walking distance to the Market Square as well as the light train. The train is free in the downtown area as long as you're not going across the rivers. The lobby is nice, the rooms look nice.

Room Tip: If you need internet, bring your own hotspot or get a phone you can turn into a hotspot.
1  Thank Gary F

Dear Gary, We appreciate your valuable feedback. As we have mentioned in other reviews, we do have a variety of guest room types and sizes that might better suit your needs. With regard to your valet concern, we do take this very seriously and will be investigating this matter in further detail. We are glad you brought this to our attention. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again if your travel plans include a return trip to Pittsburgh.