“Not worth the price of admission, contemporary at cost of practical” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #49 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
“Not worth the price of admission, contemporary at cost of practical”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

Okay, I stayed from Thursday to Sunday. This review will be kind of long, but I have lots to say about this place. To start with, I checked in Thursday evening. One person working the front, took about 10 minutes to get checked in with people in front of me. However, she was super friendly. Next up the room. It's not grand like the name implies. It's pretty small. For $190/night it was a pretty crappy view of another building and McDonald's too. There was a place for a fridge, but no fridge. I get I can request one, but why have the spot. The bathroom is tiny. The shower is weird. There is no door on it, but it has about half glasses, so my floor got wet. There is a weird glass door, so if you're not staying with someone close, it could be awkward. Also, it'll be nice when the pool is done, no tub to relax in. Next up, the so called complimentary high speed internet. There isn't any. On the free internet, I got .3 megs download. My Verizon jetback was much fast so I used it the entire weekend. You can pay to upgrade for $10/day, but after reading some reviews it's not worth it. The valet here is pretty bad as well. On Friday after dinner I came back and had to go to the valet booth myself to give them my keys. The most worrisome event happened Saturday night. I got back to the hotel around 11:50pm. There was a couple inside the valet booth. I got up and they asked me if I was valet. I told them no. So he starts cussing saying they've waited 15 minutes for valet to get their car keys. They were inside looking for the keys. I went to the front desk and told them what was going on and she said, "Yup, they've been out there a while." No help at all. So I went back outside. The couple after about 5 minutes found there keys, got in a car and left. Shortly after the valet guy comes up. I give him my keys and that was it. So, I guess, use valet at your own risk. Valet booth is left unattended and you can get your keys yourself if you want. One nice thing about this place is the walking distance to the Market Square as well as the light train. The train is free in the downtown area as long as you're not going across the rivers. The lobby is nice, the rooms look nice.

Room Tip: If you need internet, bring your own hotspot or get a phone you can turn into a hotspot.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Gary F
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Gary, We appreciate your valuable feedback. As we have mentioned in other reviews, we do have a variety of guest room types and sizes that might better suit your needs. With regard to your valet concern, we do take this very seriously and will be investigating this matter in further detail. We are glad you brought this to our attention. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again if your travel plans include a return trip to Pittsburgh.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (493)
Monroeville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I was staying at the hotel because my daughter was taking part in the dance seminar all weekend. Unfortunately, she got sick on Thursday with a virus and I called to cancel alltogether since I thought she would want to stay home if she was sick. Because the room was prepaid, it could not be refunded but they did allow us to only stay one night.

The staff always asked us if we needed anything or if we needed any help when they saw us, the room was so comfy she slept all night for the first night in 3 nights, and we'll be back again for sure!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Deborah, Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate your kind comments. We hope your daughter is feeling better and you have a chance to come back and stay with us again.