“Conference Trip”

Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #53 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 25, 2012

What a drab worn down hotel in a great location. For a large hotel, not much staff to help me get in and park on a late night arrival. Rooms were clean and quiet, but the shower leaked.
I got a good corporate rate, but not sure I woiuld choose this spot on purpose.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We regret that we did not meet your expectations with the parking availability when you arrived. We will share your comments with our leadership team so we may make improvements. Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh.
EMMAUS
Reviewed October 23, 2012

In town for a Steelers home game and had wonderful service
I would like to really thank James the gentelman working the front desk the morning of my check in. I had a family member with me who needed to rest before the game (heart condition) and since we arrived a little to early to check in my wife explained this to James and he made it a point to get us into a room as soon as one was available. The room was very clean and the view was great, there was plenty of space to relax in until game time.
Thanks to James and your hotel for making our trip wonderful

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Robert, Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh. We appreciate that you took the time to share your positive comments. We will be sure to pass along your compliments to James. Should your travel plans bring you back to Pittsburgh, we hope to see you again!
BOISE
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had trouble sleeping which may have been the piped in music coming through the vent in my room. Also the clock showed PM all the time and I couldn't change it. I would have liked the floor to be vacuumed as I saw strands of hair outside and in the bathroom area. I did love the bed, pillows, and view!

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

1 Thank PAM P
Dear Pam, Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Brand, and for taking the time to share your feedback. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience that affected your stay. We can assure you that your specific concerns will be addressed with each department involved. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The first day & night were great. Very easy, early check-in. Doorman, valet, shuttle driver were all helpful and nice. Beautiful, clean room, slept very well. The second day & night were not so great. The room was very dry & stuffy. Woke in the morning to NO HOT WATER! Not even warm water. What a surprise, considering I thought the previous day's shower was one of the best from any of my recent hotel stays. When I called to report the problem, it was widespread, they already knew about it and were working on it. That's too bad : (

2 Thank MardiGras7
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear MardiGras7, Thank you for choosing the Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh. We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback with us. We are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the water on your second morning. Certainly, we could have been more proactive in giving you information on this. Should your travel plans bring you back to Pittsburgh, we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Florida
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel as part of a large, national conference. The rooms are decent sized for one/two people, small bathrooms. I was very disappointed with the lack of customer service. I received inconsistent answers/responses from the front desk staff. The onsite gift shop sales lady was rude and will constantly remind you they are "not a part of the hotel." This conference was not a 'surprise' to the hotel, yet based on the service, one would have thought the 200+ attendees arrived unexpectedly. Even though my room was ready when I arrived that night, multiple conference attendees complained that their rooms were not ready at check-in. My co-worker had to wait 2 1/2 hours past the check-in time for her room. Housekeeping was not up to par, such as my floors were not vaccumed despite obvious particles on the floor. Some attendees even complained that the bed sheets were not changed from the last guest's stay. It was also very noisy in my room as I could hear all hallway activity. Internet service was poor/spotty. My room had a good view of the river, hillside, and stadium; however, the windows were filthy. Normally, I would make management aware of my concerns/issues. This time I did not even bother because I felt it would not even make a difference. The positives - Good food in and friendly staff at their onsite restaurant, hotel is in good location, and the concierges were knowledgeable & pleasant.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms offer good views of the river/stadium/hillside. Request a room on a high floor.
2 Thank budgetbuddy01
Dear budgetbuddy01, Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your conference. Please be assured that we take your feedback seriously. All of your comments will be shared with our leadership team so that we may make the necessary improvements. We hope you will accept our apology for any shortcomings in our service that affected your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.