“Great location.”

Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #52 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JOHN G
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The Wyndam Grand (formerly the Hilton) in Pittsburgh at Gateway Center is one of the best hotel values in the downtown area providing luxury service at modest rates. The facility was under renovation during my stay and hotel staff could not been more helpful in every way to make my stay comfortable and relaxing as I attended to business in the area.

Room Tip: Check out the suites on the upper floors. Large rooms beautifully appointed.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear jasenjoel, Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to share your kind comments. We are very excited about our transition and appreciate your patience during our renovations. Should your travel plans bring you back to Pittsburgh, we hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I recently stayed here for a conference and was very disappointed overall with the service, and facilities. Check in had a huge line and I learned that some people who had been sitting in the lobby had to wait hours for their rooms. This was around 6pm when rooms should've been serviced and ready. My room was small and the carpeting was cut short so it never reached the wall in areas. The restaurant service was super slow and they can only handle one check at a table at a time. They will not take everyone's credit card at the table at the same time...weird. The biggest disappointment was the internet service. They offer a free level but it is way too slow to even load a page in minutes. I purchased the premium internet from ethostream and what a joke that was. I got an error when submit my credit card request and had to call the IT vendor to learn I had been charged $9.95 three times. They had to manually connect my PC and then within the 24hr period of use I was kicked off the service no less than 4 times and you have to call IT each time to have you reconnected...what a joke for interent service. I would not recommend this place until they get their act together and straighten out the place and go with better internet service.

Room Tip: Try a handicap room for more space or a suite if you can afford it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DJeter50

Dear DJeter50, Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We regret the inconvenience you experienced with the internet service. We wish to provide a higher level of service than you received, and can assure you that we will address all of your concerns with each department involved. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know. Thank you very much.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CAROLYN F
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night. At check-in the lady behind the front desk asked if I wanted a room with a king bed. When I got in the room the bed was actually a queen! The bed was not comfortable and sagged toward the middle. The room was very small and cramped. I believe it was the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in. The room was decently clean. I noticed the vent in the cramped bathroom was very dusty. I also didn't like the fact that parking was $28.00. Next time I visit Pittsburgh I'll think twice about staying at this hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Jerry, Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We regret that we did not meet your expectations with regard to your room size and design. We have several room type options for our guests to request when making reservations. Most of the configurations include one king bed or two double beds. We also have our suites which also include a pull out sofa if additional room is needed. We appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts, and would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I went to the Wyndham for a conference and the staff couldn't have been less helpful. The front desk was rude. Room service was non-existent. They messed up the billing and trying to get a hold of someone to fix it in a process. I don't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear KB34, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for any shortcomings in our service that affected your stay. We will share your specific concerns with each department involved. Should your travel plans bring you back to Pittsburgh, we would welcome the opportunity to have you as a customer again.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very nice place to stay. The valet parking was wonderful and the shuttle bus was great Tony and Anne were like my best friends while on this trip. Very kind and courteous.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
JHWYN, Manager at Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Kevin, Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for taking the time to share your kind comments. We are fortunate to have such a fine team, and I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our van staff. We look forward to the opportunity of having you stay with us again.