“Where to stay for clean and simple”

Econolodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #65 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here for a week, due to work in the area - and the fact that I was on a budget. This is a very clean motel - nothing fancy at all. The sheets and towels and room were clean and comfortable. There was a refrigerator and micro in the room. The "breakfast" is simple - cereal, waffles and bread/bagels. The OJ is watered down and the coffee cream is powdered. But, there is a Target next door, so I went shopping (I bought half&half and "life" foods). Restaurants within walking distance (a Starbucks down the street). I will stay here again because staff was pleasant, shuttle to the airport was always on time, and housekeeping always did the job properly. I was on the 2nd floor and therefore heard walking noise above. That will be fixed the next time ... I'll get a 3rd floor room.

Room Tip: Book the top floor
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LGA13
microtelpit, General Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Guest LGA 13,
Thank you for taking a time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Microtel Inn and Suites, Pittsburgh. We offer wonderful amenities, great location, and friendly staff. It is our goal to ensure that when you leave our hotel, that you will remember us for every return visit. On your next visit if you are disturbed with any sound or have any problems , please notify our front desk immediately, so that we will take care of it right away. We truly appreciate your business. We look forward seeing you soon .

Best Regards,
General Manager.

There are newer reviews for Econolodge Inn & Suites

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The room was very noisy and I was not able to sleep well. There was an alarm going off and some motor that made a lot of noise. I should have called the front desk so I fault myself for not complaining. The management was attentive and responsive and I should not have waited until morning. Other than that, the room was nice, and the breakfast was adequate. I love the location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry B

Dear Guest Jerry B,
Thank you for choosing Microtel Inn and Suites , Pittsbugh. I am truly disappointed to hear about the difficulty you experienced during your sleep. Our Front desk is open 24 hrs in any of our guest needs, Please assure to contact immediately f you experience any problem on your next visit..
I hope that you will allow us another opportunity in the future to demonstrate the high level of service that our guests have come to expect from Microtel Inn and Suites, Pittsburgh.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Could have been worse. Very small eating area with things laid out in ways that were not ergonomic. At semi busy times people constantly in each other's way. Beds were NOT very comfy, but I have slept on worse. Staff was nice. Things decently clean. Bathroom was not as good as one would have hoped.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nic2013 F

Dear guest NIC2013F,
Thank you for taking a time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Microtel Inn and Suites, Pittsburgh. We apologize that you experienced a problem during your stay. feedback such as yours helps us for future improvements . please accept our sincerest apologies that you experienced a problem. We hope to see you again.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed here....the staff is amazing and friendly....and everything is clean....breakfast bar is great considering the price of the room...close to everything...shopping, airport, etc....would definitely stay here again....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest Clmyers,
Thank you for your recent stay at Microtel Inn and Suites, Pittsburgh. I really appreciate for taking a time to write such a great review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We look forward seeing you again .

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Edward N
microtelpit, General Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I went to Pittsburgh on business. I had a very important meeting. The shuttle picked me up from airport. The front desk took amazing care of me and explained where the best place was to eat shop etc. The price was unbelievably low so I expected a dump but this place was absolutely perfect in every single way possible. I am so pleased and happy and my meeting went great. I got plenty of sleep was very quiet there. Internet access was free and so was breakfast. It's totally worth it to stay here. Everyone on the staff is completely dependable and I would stay there again. I wish all the hotels were as great.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest Badplaces,
Thank you for taking time to write such a great words regarding your recent stay at Microtel Inn and Suites , Pittsburgh. I heartily appreciate it. We have shared your comments with staff and we are very grateful. It was our pleasure to host such a wonderful guest.. We will see you soon again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
#53 of 71 in Pittsburgh
Coraopolis
Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport
Comfort Suites
#5 of 11 in Coraopolis

Been to Econolodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!