“Value to Price Ratio is Great...”

Econolodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #65 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtelpit, General Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

There are newer reviews for Econolodge Inn & Suites

Reviewed October 30, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AmandaMusickHale
microtelpit, General Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was woke up at 5 am by the hotel phone the morning of my departure.
was told..(heavy accent)...so sorry we lost my CCard information...half a sleep I gave them the information again after they promised a 7% discount. At check out when I asked about the discount and early call and saw very puzzled looks, I new I had gotten scammed. Called my visa people, they found several hundred dollars charged in the last hour ! A total scam from someone inside the hotel. very suspect security, very inconvenient , hotel management did not offer anything but sorry. Never again..be Warned do Not trust this establishment.

2  Thank Gayle S
microtelpit, Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Guest Gayle S,
Thank you for taking a moment to write a review about Microtel Inn and Suites,Pittsburgh. We are so sorry to hear about your stay at our hotel .We would like to extend our deepest apologies for that. We truly appreciate your comments, as they assist us in improving specific areas that need attention.

With regard to credit card scam, there is no reason that hotel staff has to wake you up at 5 Am morning for the credit card information . While there are definitely factors that affect this (ie. callers from outside who can directly reach guest rooms).

Please know that we take our guest comments to heart, and will utilize them to improve our service and product.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I've stayed at a number of Microtels and have found them to be solid if unremarkable values. This one, however, misses the mark. The price, though reasonable for the Pittsburgh area on the date I was there, seems a bit high for what I got. And what I got was a non-smoking room with a distinct stench of smoke, and tired-looking decor.

At first I thought I might be imagining the odor, but as the night dragged on I realized that this room really had been smoked in. If I had not arrived late in the day, with an early departure the next morning , I might have complained to management. For just a few hours, it was tolerable.

On the plus side, my room was quiet, the bed was comfortable and I slept pretty well. I had no problems with the wi-fi. The room furnishings, though dated-looking, were in good condition. Breakfast was average. And except for the smoke issue, the facilities were acceptably clean. The property looks nice from the outside, too.

One other minor gripe: I can't remember the last time I checked into a hotel and had the person behind the desk announce my room number out loud. With security a concern practically everywhere, I'd say the person on duty that night needs to be retrained. And making matters worse, there were several groups of people standing around in the lobby -- I couldn't tell if they were guests, or just hotel employees hanging out. Not a good first impression.

With my clothes reeking of smoke many hours after I checked out, I decided that if I'm in Pittsburgh again, I'll look somewhere else for lodging.

Room Tip: Given the hotel's location, all rooms should be free of traffic noise. But as in many budget ho...

Dear Guest BlueLine 2,
Thank you for taking time to write review about Microtel Inn and Suites,Pittsburgh. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations.We appreciate all guest feedback. We use it to make the necessary changes to our hotel to make it better for you and to future guests to the hotel. Thank you so much for your time.We look forward welcoming you back again

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
microtelpit, General Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DAMIEN452

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Can be used for few days, depending on the small room size. Room and bat room was clean. The Microtel Inn & Suites is five minutes by car from the town center Robinson away, where you can find some good restaurants

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
microtelpit, Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Guest 99bernie99,
Thank you for taking a time to write a review about Microtel Inn and Suites,Pittsburgh. I am happy to learn that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us.your comments about the rooms has been passed along to the housekeeping departments. Once again thank you for choosing Microtel Inn and Suites, Pittsburgh for your business trip. We look forward welcoming you back again on your next trip.

Kind Regards,
General Manager/

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Sleep Inn & Suites Pittsburgh
#53 of 71 in Pittsburgh
Coraopolis
Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport
Comfort Suites
#5 of 11 in Coraopolis

Been to Econolodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!