Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pittsburgh
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2012

very nice staff. clean rooms. location took us a while to get into pittsburgh. breakfast could be improved but was very satisfied & price was good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 29racefan
microtelpit, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Guest 29racefan,

Thank you for taking a moment in writing review about our hotel. We are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at Microtel inn and suites,pittsburgh.We are always pleased to welcome our guests . I was, however sorry to hear the breakfast service did not meet your expectation. I have address this with our breafast department.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were happy with our room and the staff was very pleasant. We had a reservation for a king room but they upgraded us to two beds at no extra charge.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LAURA B

Dear Guest Laura B,
Thank you for the moment to write review about our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay. I have passed your comments to my staff being very pleasent and caring.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Microtel Inn and Suite,Pittsburgh soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is covenient to the airport. Whenever I have an early flight, I stay here and use the shuttle. For a trip of more than a week, the savings on parking nearly pays for the cost of the room. The hotel is clean and comfortable, the front desk people are knowledgeable and friendly, and there are mny dinign choices nearby. Great value!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GEORGE B

Dear Guest George B,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are happy to learn about the savings on parking that nearly pays for the cost of the room by choosing our hotel . I have also passed your comments about my front desk staff of being knowledgeable and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

General Manager.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed here solo on a baseball game trip. Stayed one night on Tuesday Sept 4th.

Nothing was terrible. But then nothing was better than average. Mostly it was a property in need of some sprucing up. For example - a coat of fresh paint on the entry doors would help.

It seem like everything was in need of attention and cleaning. Not that the room was a diaster, just it shows wear. I don't expect everything to be prestine, but clean and not worn-out.

I have stayed at Microtels before. This is my first less than positive experience. I know what to exoect. I was disappoined.

Seems like a family owns this property. There were many people who appeared related in the lobby area in the late afternoon - hanging around, cleaning the windows, reading etc.

There were 2 SUVs and a car parked in an obivious fire lane in the fornt drive / parking area. They were still there the next morning. I suspected they were members of the owner's family.

The grounds were in good shape and well maintained.

The location is okay. Noy super convenient to anything. But certainly not a scarey area. In the middle of shopping centers, offices and near many other hotels.

There are several food options within a short drive or long walk.

This hotle is not on my list to revisit willingly. Not going to sugget it to others either, just no saving grace here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CTRedSox2004

Dear CTRedSox2004, Thank you for taking your precious time in writing review about our hotel.I am sorry to hear the hotel is not on your list to revisit willingly.Your comments have been passed along to our maintenance team so we can correct these issues for the future. We apologize that the experience did not meet your expectations

We do hope that you come back to visit us soon so we can show you how it should truly feel.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

The rooms and service were mediocre at best. Our problem was that the desk clerk didn't have a clue as to how to conduct himself professionally.It seems that even though we reserved our room through price line, he still proceeded to charge our card again for the same charges. We had to call our bank TWICE to get the charges reversed. He claims he needed our card for "incidentals", and charged our card for the room rates instead. Do throw the baby out with the bath water,just pay good attention to your charges and deceptive desk clerks!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear JD272, Thank you for taking time to review about our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the error of our front desk staff. Our Front desk staff is now trained more regarding such kind of billing issue.please accept my sincere apologies for that. I hope this experience doesn’t sway you from choosing Microtel Inn and Suites in the future as we truly appreciate your business.

General Manager.