“Excellent Visit!”

Ranked #64 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Visit!”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

This hotel was very clean and quiet. I couldn't have asked for a better room! It was only about 15 minutes from the downtown area of Pittsburgh so it was in a perfect location.
Also, located next to Robinson Town Centre Mall. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I'd recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Problems immediately started upon check in. The rep said my reservation could not be honored because the booking agency's (Kayak) credit card was turned down. When I asked him what we can do he and his manager both said that it wasn't THEIR problem. (Meanwhile I was checking in around 10PM and had no other options.) I then was told that I had to pay for an entirely new reservation at a higher price. They wouldn't honor the previous price even if I paid the reservation again. Then the agent ended up charging twice. The next day I noticed the double charge on my credit card and brought it to the front desk's attention. The morning agent refused to admit the double charge and told me to contact my bank as it must be their fault. She began to yell "That there is no way they are responsible!" After contacting my bank and confirming my suspicions, the front desk apologized and promised to send a fax clearing up the mess. A week later and I noticed that the charge is still on my account. It was never resolved. Now to move on beyond the front desk. The rooms look nothing like what they have on their websites. The rooms are antiquanted and in need of updating. Then while sleeping I was awakened by a call at 3 in the morning warning about carbon monoxide. I was told to get out of the room and warn everyone on my floor. Apparently it was a crank caller who was targeting guests in this particular motel. I had to disconnect my room phone. This was truly one of the worst stays I've ever experienced and I ended up paying far more that what I should have. In the end I could have stayed in a 3.5 star hotel for the same price. Bed were terrible, linens were poor, TV was poor and service was the worst I've ever experienced. NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Just stay away...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveltheworldasone
microtelpit, Manager at Econolodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
This customer booked on one day before online and
She wasn't called at hotel and next day when
She came she said I have reservation on yesterday
And I want to stay tonight I said your reservation through
Online so I suggest you to call online.our hotel policy is if you want to cancel
You have to call 24hrs prior 6pm.But in your case you book through online and
You have to called online.But customer want listened and she argued with us.
I said that we can do one thing today you want to stay that we can give to you good discount.
She said ok.I gave her room on 40% OFF.
I am unhappy for this customer that we are tried to help to our guest as much as we can.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I was reading other candidates review and surprised that for me all went smoothly in terms of cleaning, arrangement etc. I would like to say that overall it was really a good budget hotel. I stayed there for two days and got clean room, helpful staff and nice view from the room.

I don't think you can get a good hotel in 50-60 bucks near 10 mins drive from international airport which includes internet, breakfast etc. Moreover, there was a quite big shopping area (Target, Walmart etc) if you want to spend time and do the shopping.

I was quite satisfy with my choice and service offered by evening staff there.

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side are near to shopping center and quite sunny.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Arcadia, California
Reviewed December 21, 2011

We made our reservation for 4 yet the room only had supplies for 2. When we asked for 2 more pillows they said they only give one extra pillow per room! If that is the policy, they should not allow reservations for 4. When they finally gave us 2 more pillows, they smelled and didn't appear to be clean. When we were at the hotel it was snowing. There were no blankets on the bed and when we asked for blankets for our children, they said they didn't have any blankets. They only gave us two thin sheets for the pullout bed. And, those were not in the room we had to go get them. The towels did not seem clean either. We also found a bug on the pillow. Bottom line, people were rude and it was not clean.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank jentnfromca
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed December 8, 2011

It was very pleasant stay, room was very clean. Staff was quite friendly, I will return for certain.

Room Tip: We were on the 1st floor and enjoyed it.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Red Oak, Iowa
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I stayed here for one night while on business. This was booked by someone else for me. That's the last time I let anyone do that for me. The Microtel was less than impressive. There was a mix up with my room and instead of owning it the front desk kept calling and asking me how I had gotten in. I also had another guest trying to get into my room because they had given her the room I was in. It was one mix up after another and instead of saying they were sorry they blamed me. The beds were not comfortable and the room was not clean. I would definitely NOT stay here again. I left feeling annoyed!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank Merdog
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2011

If you are not concerned about space and just need a over night stay near the Pittsburgh airport this place is not bad. The rooms are small but for the most part clean. The bathroom had a few amenities like shampoo and hairdryer but the towels were very small and cheap. I didn't have the breakfast because my flight was before breakfast was served but it appeared to be standard continental type, juice, coffee and some muffins, etc. The perk was the airport shuttle, which serves 6 other hotels in the area, but was right on time. The price was average for a hotel of this type. The location is good, near restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business