“Staying over night after a wedding”

Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center
Ranked #31 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh
“Staying over night after a wedding”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

When we got to the hotel one of the keys wasn't working the toilet was broken couldn't flush also was never told abut paying for parking at time of reservation. told the front desk all they said was sorry

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vince L
Coleman H, General Manager at Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Thank you for your review.

I would be pleased to follow up on your visit with you. I would like the opportunity to regain your confidence during a future visit.

I can be reached at chughes@wyndham.com

Best regards, Coleman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The facility was fine (average) but the customer service was extremely poor. Upon check-in, I was treated as an annoyance. When I asked questions about parking and proximity to campus for our tour the next day the employee barely answered and made it quite clear that I was annoying her. I went to ask another question because I was still a bit confused but she turned to her co-worker and said, "Let's get our stuff ready its time to get out of here." I realized at that point that my needs did not matter.

What I found so interesting is that the next night we stayed at Mariott Courtyard in Cranberry Twp and my experience was the extreme opposite! The staff was AMAZING and could not have been more helpful. I will not be seeking a stay at the Wyndham the next time we go back for a follow up tour of Pitt.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for your comments via your review on Trip Advisor. I immediately acted upon your comments during a review with our front office staff. The lack of a warm welcome of hospitality is unacceptable and I appreciate you pointing it out so that it can be corrected.

Please let me know if I can provide a follow-up to your stay, and can be reached at chughes@wyndham.com

Sincerely, Coleman
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The heating system did not work, the room was cold. The toilet periodically gave off this loud "air in the plumbing" sound, and the cleaning staff didn't clean the bathroom our first night - just replaced some towels. Very good location for University events, but lacks proper maintenance/upkeep.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Coleman H, General Manager at Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
I apologize to you for the substandard conditions of the guest room you occupied with the HVAC and loud plumbing which detracted from your guest experience. I would be happy to discuss this further with you and can be reached at chughes@wyndham.com

Respectfully, Coleman
Springfield, New Jersey
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Was in town for New Students Admiited Day at University of Pittsburgh with my son. Excellent location to all of our activities and the shops and food places. Staff was very friendly and eager to please, especially Cathy. They have a little parking lot, which is normally full, so you do need to spend $10 a day on parking at the adjacent UPMC lot.If my son decides to attend Pitt, this place will be my home away from home when I visit!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to complete a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center! I will be sure to extend kudos to Cathy for a job well done!

It is wonderful to see that you had an excellent guest experience and I genuinely hope that we are your "home away from home" for the next four years!

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Wyndham for four nights while searching for Pittsburgh apartments and getting to know the city. The location was perfect for our needs, the sleep perfect, amenities just what we needed, and the staff incredibly thoughtful and accommodating. My wife wound up catching a bug, which caused us to have to stay an additional evening. When Cathy at the front desk learned this, she immediately went into action to make sure my wife had what she needed to get better - providing us with sliced fresh ginger, sliced lemons, hot water, extra washcloths and towels, and more. The maintenance staff was similarly friendly and interested in making sure we had everything we needed. A great hotel with a staff that really went over and above the call of duty - couldn't recommend enough.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to articulate an excellent review of your guest experience at The Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center on Trip Advisor!

I will certainly share your review with Cathy and our entire staff and extend kudos to them for a job well done!

Thank you for your business and please let me know if there is ever an opportunity to provide assistance to you in the future.

Best regards, Coleman