Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
2,170 results
All reviewsfront deskalumni hallcarnegie mellonvisiting pittparking feeshuttle servicewithin milesfree shuttlehousekeeping staffhotel shuttlehotel restaurantconvenient locationmarvincmuweddinghenryhospital
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Wyndham for four nights while searching for Pittsburgh apartments and getting to know the city. The location was perfect for our needs, the sleep perfect, amenities just what we needed, and the staff incredibly thoughtful and accommodating. My wife wound up catching a bug, which caused us to have to stay an additional evening. When Cathy at the front desk learned this, she immediately went into action to make sure my wife had what she needed to get better - providing us with sliced fresh ginger, sliced lemons, hot water, extra washcloths and towels, and more. The maintenance staff was similarly friendly and interested in making sure we had everything we needed. A great hotel with a staff that really went over and above the call of duty - couldn't recommend enough.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Coleman H, General Manager at Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thank you for taking time to articulate an excellent review of your guest experience at The Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center on Trip Advisor!

I will certainly share your review with Cathy and our entire staff and extend kudos to them for a job well done!

Thank you for your business and please let me know if there is ever an opportunity to provide assistance to you in the future.

Best regards, Coleman

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Greatful they allowed early checkin. Room very nice and clean. Bed extremely comfortable. Very greatful to the shuttle van driver whio helped us travel around that day and to the staff on their recommendations as to where to eat and go out.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for your excellent review of the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center and your recent guest experience with us!

I am pleased that you found the hotel to be excellent; and appreciate your business very much!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed here for one night and it was convenient enough and we got a good deal through Hotel Tonight. The hotel is sort of dated, with strangely low ceilings. The beds weren't very comfortable and the pillows were perhaps the worst I've ever experienced in a hotel - we slept very poorly. The room seemed pretty clean - but the bathroom mirror looked a bit dirty and in the morning, I noticed and old, used bar of soap was left in the shower. Ick. I doubt I would stay again or recommend it.

Room Tip: we were on the second floor - maybe the higher floors have higher ceilings?
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time to write a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center.

I will certainly take your comments to heart, and share them with our leadership team for review and improvement.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

They got all the small things wrong which made it a below par experience. There was no hair dryer or robe in the room. The TV could not play half the channels and the volume control was broken. They replaced the cable box but still could not get all the channels. They did not replenish tea bags or the cardboard coffee cups, so we couldn't make any on the second night. The undergraduate students working the front desk did not know how to provide driving directions to shopping areas or walking directions to major venues near the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
Coleman H, General Manager at Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

I apologize that you had a below par experience and I ask that if you have an opportunity to contact me I would like a chance to discuss your stay with you.

We are in the business of getting all of the little things right, and we failed you miserably. Again my apology to you.

I can be reached at chughes@wyndham.com

Warm regards, Coleman