“Nice,clean, quite and great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley

Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley
Ranked #60 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Bethel Park
“Nice,clean, quite and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2010

I was a litte leary after reading the other reviews but the hotel was convenient so I gave it a try. I had no problems. The room and hotel was clean. The staff very accomidating.
I will staff again. The pool and dinning area were closed for repairs but it didn't bother me.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
New York, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2009

This was the grimmest Holiday Inn we'd ever stayed in. While signs in the lobby said rennovations were in progress, clearly they hadn't progressed to our wing of the hotel. The rooms were adequate, but dark and smallish. The furnishings were tired and threadbare. And the heavy chemical smell of cleaning products in the halls made you wonder what they were covering up. Our "smoke free" room reeked of stale cigarettes. Some staff members were nice; others not. This might be ok for a business traveller who needs to be next to the RIDC Park, but not for anyone with other lodging options.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
woodbury nj
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2009

I've stayed at this facility on many occasions over the past year and have always found it to be clean with courteous staff. My three associates have found the same. Love the power of the showers - no fluctuation in temperature as found in other hotels. My last stay, I enjoyed a microwave, stove, and refridgerator in the room (only a three night stay). Internet is free and speed is definitely tolerable (direct ethernet connection). Service has always been courteous and their FREE Continental Breakfast goes over the top (cheese omelets, various microwaveable sandwichs, fruit, beverages, danishes, etc.). They have a pool, workout room, and meeting halls. Great value!

Mike Maurer, President
MGM Computer Systems, Inc.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Clarksburg, WV
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2009

The toilet had not been cleaned. Someone had dirtied all over the inside and out. I hurried up and wiped it down with a towel before my wife seen the mess. When we reported it to the front desk, they sent up a gentleman with a bag of towels and a bottle of spray cleaner. Instead of him cleaning it up he haned it to me and left. I thought for sure he would come in and clean it up for us, but he didn't. The bathtub was full of [--] that my wife tried to clean out. When we finally pulled the sheets down to go to bed, it also was full of hair. Nasty. They told us they would compensate us for the room but only gave us around thrity dollars off. Still ended up paying just over $90 for the stay. Absolutely terrible. Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ECa42
Lewes, Delaware
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2009

This may be one of the worst maintained holiday inns in all of the franchise. I had stayed in the same place over thrity years ago, and except for some decoration updates, and a new bed, it looks like little has changed.
The first week i stayed the bathroom had pubic hair on the floor and tub, and what seemed like clean towels had hair in the towels. The floors are unclean that i had to wear socks the entire time i was there. The next week, the equipment did not work. Like the lights by the bed and desk, the outlet by the desk did not work. Treadmill does not operate. Fire doors do not close. This is one place that has a captured audiece with the RDIC industrial park, but that is no reason for such neglect.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

My wife and our two year old stayed here Saturday night of Labor Day weekend. For $124, I expected more, like maybe a fridge in the room? To begin with, there is no elevator, and our room was on the 2nd floor. Is that even legal these days? To make matters worse, the near vertical stairs meet an outward opening door with no landing. Not a huge deal for adults, but not great for young children. When you leave the hotel and open that door, you're looking at quite a drop. The hallway carpets also showed signs of old stains that had been improperly cleaned.

On to our room. We had requested a crib for my daughter, but the hotel staff brought a cot instead. When I explained that we needed a crib, I got a lot of whining, but we did get the crib. At 2 am, the fluorescent bulb in the bathroom blew, so we spent the rest of the night and morning with a pitch dark bathroom. The staff tried to fix it, but was unable. I went out to my car to get something and discovered that my key card wouldn't allow me back into the hotel. I had to call my wife to come down and let me in. The alarm clock went off at 7 am on Sunday because the last guest had left it that way. Come on, can't someone at least check that so that your guests don't have to do everything for themselves?

All in all, shoddy is the word that comes to mind. I spent a lot of money on this room and got nothing in return. The location is terrible, but that's not the hotel's fault. We're strangers to the area and we rolled the dice on the location. Oh, one more thing. The high speed internet works well, but it's wired only, so you're chained to the desk like it's 5 years ago. No wireless in late 2009? Lame.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

I spent two nights there on a business trip. The internet access works well and the room was clean. But, the service is very poor. The menus and other information in the guide are out of date. The laundry valet service form said that laundry would be delivered to the room by 6:00 PM. However, at 7:00 it wasn't back yet, so I called to the front desk. It hadn't arrived yet at the hotel, and they said I'd have to go down to the desk to pick it up. The continental breakfast is lackluster. You can hear a lot of noise at night from people walking down the halls. Overall this hotel needs some more attention and care from management.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business