“Getting better by the day! Its NOW a Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley
Ranked #59 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Getting better by the day! Its NOW a Comfort Inn”
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Its now a Comfort Inn and alot of renovations are going on! I mean this in a positive way! They are upgrading this hotel and yes there are some areas of old, but the new is absolutely amazing! We checked in and found ourselves in a room without internet and smaller beds, but we asked and they looked for better rooms for us. It took a couple rooms and a little looking but they left us in an incredible suite! The front desk was amazing and the housekeeping was fabulous! Even at 3am when my son got sick they came to help! Amazing! Thank you to everyone there, and with all the new going in we will be sure to make our way back there! BTW~The Pool was awesome! Heated to perfection and cleaned very well! Thank you once again!

Room Tip: the second floor is the best!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Recently stayed for a dance competition in Fox Chapel. Location was great. Hotel being renovated and just had a fire. We had one of teh few updated rooms available on 2nd floor. Renovations were nice. Lobby under construction but they look to be heading in the right direction. Right now, hotel is outdated and confusing. Continental breakfast was OK. Hotel bar closed with paying customers at 10 PM on a Sat night. Desk staff friendly. Would probably stay again after renovations were complete.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 29, 2010

We stayed here for business for one night so decided to stay on since we would be in town for 3 more for visiting family. The staff was very nice, but the rooms are run-down. We asked for a crib and got a very small one - smaller than we've had at other hotels so our toddler was too big. The sofa bed (where we ended up putting him) was incredibly uncomfortable for either adult who ended up spending a few hours on it with him. We had asked for a room with a door between rooms for getting him to sleep, so that is part of why we booked there, but they neglected to mention that the door was all windows! Not so effective - thus the adult on the sofa bed.

The room had too much furniture squeezed in, maybe because they were calling it a suite. We asked for a table and chairs to be removed because we kept bumping into it. There were many fixable things wrong like a loud squeaky closet door (sounded like chalk squeaking on a chalkboard) and loose fixtures that weren't fixed until we left a list at the front desk. The staff was all very nice and apologetic but could only do so much. One night at 1 AM we were awakened by what sounded like a TV blaring a war movie right behind our headboard. After calling the desk they determined that there was no one next door- and finally figured out it must have been the room above us, which means that the sound carried like crazy.

The pool was very cold and there is not really a very shallow end. My 3 year old was happy to play on the steps (would not have been able to stand even on the bottom step) but I had to get him out every few minutes to warm him up because his teeth were chattering. My husband and son ate at the restaurant once and then we went elsewhere because the breakfast was overpriced and cold.

It needs a lot of updating. The front desk people, housecleaning staff and whoever we spoke to at 1 AM were all very nice but there was only so much they could do.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
agmridc, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Allegheny Valley, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our Holiday Inn, we do have a major renovation scheduled to start any day now and hope to have it finished very soon. the suite yopu stayed in will be completley redone new appliances and furniture carpeting,drapery evreything. your comments will aid in refurnishing these rooms. Again thank you and we do appreciate your business
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed September 11, 2010

My eight year old daughter and I stayed there in early September when we were in town to go to a Pirates game. The hotel is 15 minutes away from PNC Park. I was a little nervous staying there after reading some of the reviews. I saw some pictures of the swimming pool and that sold me. I arrived at the hotel late after the game. I had booked a room with two double beds but was given a king. Front desk promptly sent up a roll away bed for my daughter. The room was clean enough but the common areas like staircases need some work. The breakfast was expensive; all the wallpaper could be replaced. But I didn't come to Holiday Inn to stare at wallpaper. I came to go swimming and go to a baseball game. I felt that the room was overpriced and chalk up another 15 dollars for taxes. My daughter loved the pool. They happily brought out pool towels for us when we went swimming at 10 am. It is just an older property but not excessively dirty.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
bedfordgal
Reviewed August 19, 2010

This is a hotel that is in a quite location rooms are nice .did not use the pool, but it looked nice .
When i stayed there before they were doing a free breakfast but not any more .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 10, 2010

There was hair in the sheets (good thing I checked before getting into bed) and all over the bathroom that weren't ours! The hallways smelled and the bathroom also had mold on the grout. The fire alarm went off and when I called the front desk to see what was going on, they told me that they would get back to me and never did. It turn out that my husband had to check out what was going on and a dryer had caught fire in the guest laundry room. A guest had put out the fire with an extinguisher. We used our points so the thankfully the night was free but I would never stay here again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Westerville, Ohio
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Very surprised to have an outdated hotel in Pittsburgh. Here on business and stayed because of proximity to business ut will opt for distance next time. Wi fi not available in rooms just lobby(really?) I'm a big Hampton Inn fan and ventured outside my comfort zone. Where's my Hampton?
Maybe when they upgrade things will be better but for now I cannot reccommend this location. too many other hotels that are nicer at the same price.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business