“wonderful place”

Ranked #15 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Chicago
“wonderful place”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here because of shuttle service. Never had to wait more than 15 minutes to go to destination or br picked up for return. Parking at attractions is hard to find so the shuttle was perfect. Staff is helpful and breakfast had many choices. Would reccomend this Hampton and would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ceil14011
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
ceil14011,
Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I am glad that the shuttle was able to get you to and from the downtown attractions. Thanks for your positive feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was my first time in Pittsburgh and I was here on business. The hotel where my conference was being held was full so I booked here and I'm glad I did.

ROOM: I stayed in a non smoking king room on the 3rd floor. It was very clean and spacious. There was a mini fridge that kept my drinks icy cold, microwave and an actual closet for clothes. They supply about 7 hangers so if you need more, bring them. The bed was very comfortable, but I found the air conditioner a little noisy so if you're a light sleeper, keep this in mind. The bathroom was also very clean and the only complaint I have is that when stepping into the shower after the water was running I almost slipped. The bottom of the tub was extremely slippery, I don't know if it was the cleaning solution they use or what but be very careful. There is a grab bar in the shower (thankfully!). I liked that they provided a soap dish on the bathroom sink. When staying other places, I hate having to leave the soap on the counter! I actually usually bring my own pump soap, but I forgot this time and as small of a detail as it may seem, I was happy to see the soap dish!!

PARKING: FREE and plentiful. Pittsburgh City hotels make you pay, even if you are a guest, so not having the extra cost is nice. Take advantage of their shuttle to go into Pittsburgh. It leaves the hotel every hour on the hour until about 9 pm. You can call at any time for a pick up but it doesn't run very late so if you are planning on staying out past 9/9:30 you may have to catch a cab. Shuttle drivers are very friendly, some will give you tips on where to go and history about the city. Make sure you leave these gentlemen a tip....they are awesome!

HOT Breakfast is included and was very good for the three days I stayed. They offered omelets, home fries, sausage, make your own Belgian waffles, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal with assorted toppings, bagels, danishes, and donuts, assorted fruit juices, water, coffee and tea (coffee and tea are available 24 hours a day). If they don't have something out that morning that you are looking for, just ask---they are super friendly and helpful here.

This hotel also offers a "cocktail hour" from 5pm to 7pm with drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and snacks. Unfortunately, due to the time my conference ran I missed this, but I heard it was really good from other hotel guests.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND staying here and I plan on returning with my family in the near future!

1 Thank EFoxx
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
EFoxx,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience while staying with us. I am so glad that you found your room to be spacious and clean and enjoyed the fridge and microwave. Our shuttle drivers love to share the history of our city, and it is great when they can save you some money on parking. I am glad that you found the complementary breakfast full of variety, hopefully next time you stay with us your schedule will allow you time to enjoy happy hour as well. Hope to see you again soon!
Las Vegas Nevada, United States
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was a last minute decision to head back to Philly and stay near the airport. The shuttle service was outstanding and the staff was incredibly helpful! The food was hot and plentiful and the servers were very attentive. We will stay here again due to the convenience and professionalism exhibited by all.

Room Tip: Shuttle driver helped us with our car rental and picked us up outside the agency.
1 Thank Kelly R
Kelly R,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service while staying with us. We hope to see you again!
Tujunga, California
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Just the right distance from downtown Pittsburgh, to allow us to enjoy the traffic going into downtown especially the Pitt Bridge-tunnel. The breakfast was the usual satisfactory buffet and there is coffee, lemonade and cookies available 24/7...and the coffee cups are sturdy enough to take with you for your drive. The room was clean, the service was excellent...now those tiny tissues and small toilets?

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jimberr
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
jimberr,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you enjoyed your time in Pittsburgh and we hope you will stay with us again soon!
Beamsville, Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Staying at this hotel was a fine experience. The staff and shuttle service were very accommodating. A great hotel to stay at if you do not want to stay downtown. The hotel is situated in a quite neighbourhood. Commute to downtown fluctuates considerably, so be aware of the time you leave the hotel. One downside, is that there is not much to do around the hotel (i.e. eating, shopping, etc.). Again, it is close enough to downtown that this is not too much of an issue. There just isn't anything within walking distance.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Jon V
Harry S,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and were happy with the location of the hotel. I agree that we are a great option for guests that want to be close to town but not in town. I am glad that the shuttle was able to assist you in getting around Pittsburgh. I know not having restaurants and shopping in walking distance is not ideal but in addition to being a close drive to downtown there are many restaurants within a few minutes drive of the hotel as well as many options that deliver. I hope we will see you again the next time you are in Pittsburgh!
Frostburg, Maryland
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hotel was lovely and clean, staff very helpful. I loved the always-available and free coffee and tea, lemonade and cookies. Pool was very nice too, and the location was perfect for being near, but not right in, Pittsburgh.
Best (free) breakfast anywhere!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank marym21532
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
marym21532,
I am so happy to hear that you found your stay with us enjoyable! I am glad you were able to take advantage of the complimentary hot breakfast and 24 hour coffee and tea service. We want all of our guests to feel they received a good value and great service! Thank you for staying with us and I hope we will see you again soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We booked a block of rooms for my wedding this past weekend.We booked this hotel over the hilton Doubletree because we were offered a shuttle to and from the reception which was 3 miles away. I know there was several misunderstandings and miscommunications when several guests booked rooms and weren't given the group rate right away. Everything worked out, the shuttle was great, and the problems were dealt with in a timely manner. I would like to thank all of the staff for being so accommodating to our guests. Especially Bob who worked the desk at night and who was especially helpful and willing to let our guests stick around in the welcome area after the wedding. All around great stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sunchic11,
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Greentree for your out of town wedding guests. I am glad that the booking issues were resolved in a timely manner, and your guests were able to take advantage of the shuttle for the reception. Congratulations on your marriage, and we are glad we could be a part of it!