“Nice stay close to downtown”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree
Ranked #14 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Harvard, Massachusetts
“Nice stay close to downtown”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed overnight while in town. Close to downtown. Breakfast nice, very clean and well stocked. I didn't see coffee (but I didn't ask either, so it may have been there and I just missed it). Room very clean. Staff friendly. Free wifi. Looks like it was recently renovated. Great value. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank JACProvidence
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
JACProvidence,
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We want all of our guests to start their day off with a hot and fresh breakfast. The coffee station is not located in the same room with the breakfast items since it is available 24 hours a day, it is near the front desk, so you know where to look next time . We want all of our guests to leave 100% satisfied and we hope you will stay with us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here one night in February during my business trip. I usually always try to stay at a Hampton Inn for the complimentary breakfast in the morning (this time, they offered sausages and omlette and other regular breakfast food). I was staying in room 300, it was a corner room - across the Emergency Exit/ stairs. Unfortunately, i had a loud family next to me - but this it not the hotel's fault. My Kingsize Bed was comfortable - equipped with 4 pillows. I pre-booked this room online, which was also came with a "Starbucks package". Included in this Starbucks package was a $5 gift card that you receive during your check-in. The drive from the hotel to downtown Pittsburgh was also quick one - maybe a 10 min ride. The only complain I had about this room was the cleaning service. When I came in, the toilet was dirty. It seems like the cleaning service swept the dust and such and just dumped it into the toilet - without flushing it! Not a very inviting view when you walk into the bathroom. Other than that: this Hampton Inn is very accommodating - similar to other Hampton Inns I have stayed before.

1 Thank T D
Tramimaus,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We want every guest to enjoy a fresh hot breakfast and a comfortable room while staying with us. I am sorry there was dust left in the toilet, our housekeeping team is usually very thorough, and I am sure they will not let that happen again. I hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Pittsburgh.
Chicago, IL
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Basic Accommodations that are clean and comfortable. Great deal at a great price. The staff is helpful and friendly. Free WIFI, Breakfast, quiet rooms, and a great hot shower, comfy bed - everything I need.

1 Thank Rachel B
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Rachel B,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I am glad that we were able to provide you a clean and comfortable room at a great value! I hope you will stay with us again soon!
Phila Area
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a very nice Hampton. If you have stayed at Hampton's, you typically know what to expect. This one has all the standard Hampton amenities. Good hot breakfast, free WIFI, etc. One thing I have noticed is that some of the Hampton's are starting to show their age. This Hampton must have been recently updated or has aged well, because it is better than most. I was very happy with the room, clean and comfortable.

The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating.
They also had a free happy hour both nights that I stayed with beer, wine and snacks. This was a very nice touch.

The only complaint is that it is a bit tricky to find the entrance. You can see the hotel from the road but the entrance has a very small sign that is easily missed. A larger sign would help.

Overall, a very nice stay; I would recommend this hotel. The rates are reasonable, the staff is great and the facility is very nice.

1 Thank MasterTravelMan
MasterTravelMan,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We do our best to make sure our property is up to date and comfortable for all of our guests; that is why we just finished a major lobby renovation! I am glad you were able to take advantage of our happy hour Monday –Wednesday between 5 and 7pm. I hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to Pittsburgh!
North Versailles, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for a valentines getaway. It was very clean & the staff were very friendly. Stores and restaurants are very close by. The complimentary breakfast was very nice. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ladystu58
ladystu58,
Thank you for sharing your Valentine’s Day with us! I am glad we were able to make your day special. I hope you will stay with us again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Even though there was construction going on during our stay it was still an excellent experience. The rooms were very, very clean (which is unusual for hotels) and looked recently renovated. The staff was exceptionally accommodating and polite - even shuttling us to and from our New Years party. This was our first stay at a Hampton Inn but if this hotel is the standard it will certainly not be our last. Thanks.

Room Tip: If you go in the winter ask for a room that overlooks the parking lot so you can use your remote sta...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tzajch
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Tzajch,
I am glad that we were able to make your New Years Eve experience with us so memorable, and I am glad that the lobby construction did not interfere with your stay. We are just wrapping up our lobby renovation with a few finishing touches, so the next time you come to visit us you can enjoy the finished product! Thank you for sharing with us!
Clearville, PA
Reviewed February 1, 2013

You know the whole long list of things that can be less-than-perfect at a hotel? Not one thing was a problem here. It was so very clean, nothing looked dingy, and it was quiet. The amenities were more than adequate, and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank L E
L E,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure our rooms are as clean as can be and I know they will appreciate your feedback! We want every guest to experience a clean and comfortable stay at a great value. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and we look forward to seeing you again!