“Typical business travelers hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree
Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Houston, Texas
“Typical business travelers hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Very average business traveler's hotel. This hotel is usually available at the last minute if you are in the southern Pittsburg area and just need a room. Decent access to the airport and downtown; however you have to get through a tunnel to get downtown, so if traveling at peak traffic leave 45 minutes min to get there.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Andrew B
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Abermack,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While average is not what we strive for, we appreciate you sharing your experience. Don’t forget we have a shuttle that goes to the downtown area between 7 am and 9 pm, and is usually able to get around the tunnel traffic quickly. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Great service, very helpful front desk, have directions to most places, shops, etc printed and ready for customers. Nice variety at breakfast and well planed albeit the renovations. Will certainly stay there again.

• 5 of 5 stars
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
SeniorBuyer,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We do our best to anticipate all of our guests needs. I am glad the directions were helpful for you. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again!
Stratford, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Background: I made a reservation for 2 nights directly with this hotel as it was in a good location for business in Pittsburgh and close enough to the airport. Also, I was not getting a car and they provided a shuttle within a 5 mile radius. The hotel lobby was under renovation and the hotel did disclose this prior to taking the reservation. they did state the work would not begin until 10am so as not to interfere with the comfort of guests. I also requested a room at the end of the hall as I do not like to be near the elevator. Also, I requested and received confirmation, that I could have a 3:00 checkout as an AARP member.
What happened:
The bad: I was put in a room by the elevator. The good: they corrected it, though they said this was not noted in the reservation.
The bad: they said they knew nothing about a 3:00 checkout, even though I had email confirmation from a member of their staff (not with me unfortunately). The good: they gave me a 2:00 checkout.
The first morning, drilling began right under my 2nd floor room at 9:00am, vibrating the floor underneath. Had I expected this, I would have arranged to be gone before it began. The good: they comped the cost if the room for one night.
The bad: the shuttle was supposed to be running on the hour. I reserved a spot as requested and 20 minutes later than the hour, no one was there and they didn't have my name on his list. The good: the driver was as accommodating as he could be.
The bad: The temperature control did not work properly. It was too hot, even whe. I turned the temp down to 58 degrees. The button to leave the fan on didn't work and the constant on and off of the unit kept me awake half the night, both nights. The good: nothing good about not sleeping.

I did find the staff trying to accommodate, even though communication left something to be desired.

• 2 of 5 stars
Debra G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Feedback like yours shows us areas where we can improve. Your feedback will be used so other guests do not experience the same issues you did. I hope you will stay with us again so we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort!
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We routinely stay at Hampton Inns. Our room here was very clean and all the linens seemed to be new, including towels, washcloths, etc. Our room was freshened very nicely each morning. That being said, we did have a couple issues. The lobby/breakfast area is being remodeled, which wouldn't bother us at all; however, we went for breakfast the first morning....the urn of hot water for tea was warm, not hot. I chose an English muffin and it was stale and hard....even for an English muffin. We decided to eat breakfast out and didn't bother checking it out on subsequent mornings. I do think the breakfast staff were at a disadvantage due to the ongoing construction. The breakfast is in a temporary location and I'm sure it's harder for them to maintain their usual high standards of a hot breakfast when they have to lug it halfway down a hall. We also had a barking dog in a room across from us. We were on an upper floor, so the dog had been brought in without the knowledge of the hotel staff. It was left alone in the room for quite some time. To Hampton's credit and the person on desk duty that night, they did graciously comp our room that night to make up for the barking dog.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
mizz0um0m,
I am sorry to hear that you were not 100% satisfied with your stay with us. While the removed location of the temporary breakfast is harder to maintain, it should not have an effect on the quality of your breakfast experience, and I am sorry for that. I also apologize for the dog barking in the room next to you. We assign any rooms with pets to the first floor if possible, but it seems like the pet owner did not notify us that they had a pet in their room. I am glad the agent was able to offer you the 100% satisfaction guarantee to resolve that issue for you. I hope you are stay with us again when our renovations have been complete so you can enjoy our new lobby and breakfast area.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

They are in the process of renovating this Hampton Inn. They have a couple of first floor rooms that they've turned into a seating area and bathroom while the construction is going on. I had a package delivered to the front desk and they called and let me know as soon as it was delivered. This hotel is very nice and in a safe/quiet area. The room was clean and the daily breakfast was delicious.

WesleaBrooke,
I am glad to hear that our lobby renovations did not disrupt your stay with us and you were still able to enjoy our hot breakfast. We tried to make this transition as easy as possible with our renovation station rooms with snacks and waters, as well as sitting and working spaces. I can’t wait for our guests to be able to enjoy our new lobby and breakfast area!
Altoona, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

IMHO.. This hotel is a great Value and is in a great location...
The hotel staff are expedient and friendly...check-in occurred w/o incident.
The Facilities... & our room was very clean... there were no incidents or complaints here as well. The room was comfortable and the bed and linens were very conducive to sleep...
There is a very nice Free Breakfast w/Hot foods as well as the usual continental fare...
The Coffee in room and in the lobby is very good.
The hotel does provide shuttle services... the parking is free by the way...
There are ample restaurants, and activities close to this hotel... as it is only a 5 min ride thru the Ft. Pitt tunnell to downtown pittsburgh.
I have stayed here several times... & would recommend this to any traveler.

Jugajim

Room Tip: Ask for King bed Room... if it applies...the bed was comfortable and linens were very nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
James M,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. A clean room and a hot breakfast are things that we want all of our guests to enjoy, and I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle as well. The next time you visit us, we may look a little different to you because we are having our lobby area renovated, so you will have an even better experience while staying with us. Hope to see you again soon!
Eastern PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is one of my many trips to Pittsburgh and this hotel has a great value and top notch service. The rooms are always clean, the front desk employees are always thorough, polite and knowledgeable. The daily breakfast changes some menu items daily. I haven't used the shuttle service but sitting in the lobby at night heard the front desk employee and the hotel guests getting rides all over Pittsburgh. The rrooms are quiet and the beds extremely comfortable. The only thing that should change was the noisy air conditioning compressor that was a bit noisy. I was surprised because I wasn't even running it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Greentree_Manager, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Wyobob,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Greentree. I am sorry to hear that the noise from the heating unit disturbed you, and you will be happy to know we are in the process of upgrading all of our HVAC to a quieter model. We hope this upgrade will improve the quality of stay for all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again!