“Nice place, previous reviews pretty accurate”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree
Ranked #15 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stayed here for a week in September for business. As previous reviews said, it was a little hard to find, but I made sure to take a good look at a map beforehand and I had no problem finding it. Its tucked in a little valley, which is nice because you don't have to hear or see the freeway outside like many of the other hotels in this general area.
My room was spacious, clean and quiet and the bed was comfortable. I did not have a refrigerator or microwave, but there was a coffee maker. (If you need a refrigerator, maybe ask when you check in for a room with one because someone in my group had those in their room).
They have a decent breakfast in the mornings with bagels, muffins, toast, donuts, make-your-own waffles, fruit, cereal, coffee and tea, plus always some sort of hot egg dish with sausage.
There are really no restaurants within walking distance, but plenty in the general area. If you don't have a car, they have shuttle which can take you places. Its about 5 miles from downtown I think.
Staff is very nice and helpful. There is a business center, if you need access to a PC or need to print or fax something, plus a fitness room. There is also a small outdoor pool, but it appeared as if it had just been shut down for the season.
Overall, a nice hotel, not a luxury place, but very good for the class it is in.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank dogsareup
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

dogsareup,
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do our best to offer clean rooms, attentive service, and great value. I am glad to hear that we were able to deliver all of these things to you during your stay. I hope if your business travels bring you back to Pittsburgh you will stay with us again!

Reviewed October 15, 2011

My wife and I receantly stayed here for to take in a Steelers game and spend some time in the city . The stay was wonderful . Every one at the hotel was very helpful. we use the driver several time and were very please they went out of there way to get us to where we wanted to go and made some great suggestion on where to eat or go out . When we return we will come back

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David M

pal62451,
I am glad we were able to make the trip with your wife so enjoyable. We love being able to give local information to our out of town guests. We look forward to having you stay with us next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Nice room, good breakfast, but the highlight was free local transportation. My wife and I were driven to the Pirates ballpark and picked up again after the game. Our driver even gave us a tour of the city!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Docbox11

Docbox11,
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit with us. I am glad you enjoied your trip. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Pittsburgh!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

My husband and I have been traveling to the Pittsburgh area for many years. We treat ourselves to a Steeler game once a year. This hotel was excellent for us. The rooms were clean modern and pleasant. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle service was convenient and prompt. We have stayed at the more pricey downtown hotels and this hotel is much better and more reasonable. Although we enjoyed stayng on the North Shore those hotels are also overpriced and just not worth the convenience, especially since the Hampton Inn shuttle took us wherever we wanted to go. It is slighly hard to find but we were able to get around with our GPS. I agree that the neighborhood is not the best but the hotel quality, staff, complimentary breakfast and free parking more than make up this. It is also very close to other areas that we visited while in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat H
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Pat H,
It is my favorite time of year, STEELER SEASON! And I am so glad that we were able to make your trip enjoyable. I am glad that the value, shuttle and staff were able to make up for the distance to the stadium and other Pittsburgh attractions. We do our best to offer a friendly atmosphere and comfortable rooms. I hope we can make your trip next year just as memorable! Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

This was a great place to stay when visiting relatives Labor Day weekend. The breakfast area was really pretty and relaxing and the breakfast of course was wonderful. The pool area had several tables and we had take out the previous evening sitting outside. THe hotel is a little hard to find and we are familiar with the area. YOu will see the hotel before you see the road into it so drive slow. We were here because of location and also because they take pets. This was a great place.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel faces a lot of trees, very relaxing
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank elizabeth57Elkridge
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

elizabeth57Elkridge,
Thank you for spending your hoilday weekend with us. I am glad you enjoied your stay with us, and you were able to bring your furry friend along. We hope you choose to stay with us the next time you are in town!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We were overwhelmingly pleased with every aspect of this Hampton Inn.
The rooms are finer than $400.00 rooms across the river. The staff is incredibly
helpful and professional, especially Bob and Carla. The breakfast buffet and complimentary snacks that they put out every evening are terrific. The shuttle service made everything we wanted to do extremely convenient. We learned so much about Pittsburgh from the knowledgeable shuttle drivers. We will definitely be back and would recommend The Hampton Inn Greentree to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dek133
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2011

Dek133,
Thank you for taking the time so share your opinion of our hotel. It is so rewarding to know that our staff made such a difference in your trip to Pittsburgh. I am glad you were able to take advantage of breakfast in the morning and host hour in the evening. The shuttle makes getting around in a new city a lot less stressful, and I am glad the shuttle driver was able to give you some local information along the way. We would love to have you stay with us the next time you are in the area, and thank you for the positive recommendations!

Reviewed September 23, 2011

If you frequent the Hampton Inn Hotel Chain, then you will be neither disappointed or impressed by this location off off the Penn-Lincoln Parkway in Western Pittsburgh.

I will however rail on this hotel for its unbelievably inconvenient location. If you are not familiar with the area, pack a GPS. If you are unfortunate enough to stay here without your own transportation - forget about it. Although the hotel offers a free shuttle service within a 5-mile radius, this area is a maze of twisty, narrow residential streets and incongruous routes to nowhere.

I made the mistake of hastily booking this hotel after seeing on Google that there were a few chain eateries around, including a Starbucks and a "Mall". The Parkway Mall is the lamest mall I have ever seen (a K Mart and a Grocery Store) and all other businesses (food) are on the other side of the Parkway - with traffic lights and U-turns, a 20 minute drive.

The hotel also does not offer guest laundry, so there's another hour of your life driving around looking for a laundry mat.

If you're just booking in for a night, or know the area, then this location is fine. If your looking for a convenient stay in Pittsburgh for a few nights, look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Shakeitsgreat,
I am sorry to hear of your avid disappointment in the location of our hotel.
While we are located only 2 turns off of 376 coming from either direction, I understand driving in an unfamiliar neighborhood can be difficult. We do our best to provide directions to our guests through a link on the confirmation email, or by phone if needed.
We are located in a mostly residential area, but we are only 4 miles from downtown Pittsburgh, and the shuttle allows our guests access too many restaurants, shopping, and night life options. We also offer a same day valet laundry service to our guests, because I am sure you don’t want to spend a few hours out of your trip at a laundry mat. If our guests prefer a laundry mat there is one located less than a mile from the hotel, also within shuttle range so you don’t have to worry about getting lost.
I am sorry if you were not aware of these options, or were not able to take advantage of them. I hope with this additional information you would consider staying at the Hampton Inn Greentree if your travels bring you back to the Pittsburgh area. If there is anything further I can do to change your opinion of our hotel please contact me at the hotel.