“A great hotel in an area of not so great hotels.”

Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree
Ranked #14 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A great hotel in an area of not so great hotels.”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I have never stayed in this area of Pittaburgh before. I found this hotel through the HHonors website.

What is really cool is how it's located down below the highway. It's almost in a valley of sorts. The nice part is that there is virtually no noise from the highway - however it may be tough to find. Check your signs carefully. We almost missed it.

Checkin was smooth and non-eventful.

The room was set up well - even across from the elevator there was no noise. Nice appointments and freshly remodeled bathroom. Overall in better quality than the other hotels in the area. (as compared on TripAdvisor)

Checkout was nice at noon- and a quick shot to the airport.

Overall nice hotel, good value and decent breakfast. Should be noted though - this hotel has an outdoor pool. A few sites (orbitz/travelocity) show this as an indoor pool.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank ua85
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
ua85,
Thank you for staying with us at the Hampton Inn Greentree! It is always nice to hear about the positive experiences guests have with us. I will make sure to double check all of the 3rd party sites to ensure they have the correct information posted. I hope if your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh, we will see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago 'Burbs, IL
Reviewed April 2, 2011

My parents and I (All adults) greatly enjoyed staying at the Hampton Inn Greentree. We stayed for five nights in late March during our visit to PIttsburgh and the surrounding area.

When we first entered the room my parents were impressed by the quality of the bathroom amenities and I was impressed that you were given both soft and firmer pillows. I liked the desk area which worked out perfect for a laptop. I also liked that in case you forgot something you could pick up a travel sized item downstairs which came in handy for us. We also enjoyed getting the newspaper each day but I would like a box for recycling to be available so the newspapers do not have to be thrown out.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. Each day the person who cleaned the room left a note to say thanks and hello which was very friendly. I also enjoyed the breakfast selection which included two hot items, a waffle station, cereal, fruit, and beverages. I enjoyed that the coffee/tea station was open all the time so before going to sleep it was pleasant to pick up a cup of tea. In addition, the breakfast area was always cleaned and someone was there to help with anything or make sure all the areas were stocked with items. The staff were very friendly and spoke with my parents and even took suggestions on breakfast items from them. Also, on M-W at 5:30pm there is a managers reception which has several hot appetizers and a huge selection of soda, beer, and wine which is all complementary. Overall, this hotel was a great deal.

The only thing I wish had been changed was that a mini fridge would be provided in the room and separate sink/bathroom area. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and we thought very highly of Hampton Inn after this experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank etoiles78
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree, responded to this review, April 4, 2011
etoiles78,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience! We strive to make every guest as happy as you were. We have taken your and other guest's comments into consideration and will be adding micro fridges in all rooms this summer! I hope if your travels bring you back to Pittsburgh you will stay with us again.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Arrival was pretty prompt there and checked in quickly.
I get to the room...being an avid business traveler I check the beds, bathroom, cleanliness, etc....pulled the sheets back and hairs in the bed and you can tell the linens weren't changed, so I immediately went downstairs to the desk to request another room.
Get into new room, check bed - fine, check bathroom - clean, heater - not working properly...but I was too tired to go for another room change.
Elevators very slow as well.
I will be back to Pitt on business but won't be staying here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank cory255
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree, responded to this review, February 28, 2011
Cory225,
I am sorry to hear about your disappointing stay with us. We pride ourselves in cleanliness, am I am sorry that was not your experience. If you would like to contact me directly and provide more details, I can ensure this situation will not happen again.
Ebensburg, PA
Reviewed January 17, 2011

We stayed there last weekend for the Steeler-Ravens game (GO Steelers!!!) and it was perfect. The property is immaculate and the location is perfect for getting to the North Shore stadiums. The very busy yet very gracious hostess at the desk tols us how to avoid the travvic on the paarkway and downtown to get to the West End Bridge and park at the casino adjacent to Heinz Field. It was perfect. We partied in the Drum Bar before and after the game with only a short walk between. Cheap parking, easy access from the Hampton. We're staying there again this weekend for the AFC Chamionship vs the Jets. Half the price of downtown.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cambria5
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
Cambria5,
I am so glad to hear about your great experience at our hotel. It is out goal to have every guest leave as satisfied as you were. It is great that you are able to make it back for the Jets game, we look forward to hosting you again!
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed January 6, 2011

My husband and I were in Pittsburgh for the Winter Classic hockey game. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Greentree and had a very enjoyable stay. The front desk staff were knowledgeable and courteous (even when we wore our Capitals jerseys). Our room was clean and the housekeeping service was reliable. Everything in the room was well-maintained and the beds were amazingly comfortable. The complimentary breakfast each morning was hot and well-stocked. Due to a rain delay, the hockey game was pushed back to Saturday night. Since the game would be over quite late, I was worried about the hotel shuttle service. We had planned on taking the shuttle both to and from the game. When I inquired at the front desk, I was told that the hotel would still provide shuttle service to downtown Pittsburgh both before and after the game. From what I later heard, the shuttle driver worked until the early hours of Sunday morning. The hotel staff really went above and beyond and it was appreciated. The hotel is only about five minutes from downtown Pittsburgh and very close to the South Side (where we spent much of our free time). I would definitely return to this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tatonka1
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree, responded to this review, January 8, 2011
Tatonka1,
Thank you for taking the time to express your satisfaction with your stay. Our staff strives to make every guest as happy as you were. I hope if you are in the Pittsburgh area again, (maybe for the playoff's) you will choose us for your hotel accomodations. Thank y ou again for your kind words, I will share tham with the staff so they know their hard work is appericiated.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 3, 2011

We stayed for a week at this Hampton Inn. One day, they did not provide housekeeping service. When I complained to the man at the front desk, I made a point of referring to the two "100% Guarantee" signs glued to the counter. He provided some towels, shampoo and coffee.
Later, I received a phone call in the room from a person that identified herself as the General Manager. She questioned whether we had the "do not disturb" sign on the door. When I told her that it was up until we left the room for the day at 9:00 AM, her response was that housekeeping started at 7:30. This is an outrageous position for a hotel manager to take. Guests have to be out of the room by 7:30 to get housekeeping service? They should add that to their web site and see how many reservations they get.
They did not honor their 100% satisfaction guarantee.
On another day, both of their coffee urns were empty for breakfast. I had to ask the person at the fron desk to get someone to get coffee.
We have stayed at other Hampton Inns in California, Colorado and Illinois without any problems.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CalTraveler9999
CalTraveler9999,
We are sorry for the lack of housekeeping service that you requested. We have addressed the issue with the housekeeping supervisor, so that it does not occur with other guests. Thank you for your feedback.
maryland
Reviewed December 16, 2010

Stayed here for Steelers game. Wanted a hotel between downtown and the airport as our party was either arriving by air or auto.
The rooms are very modern, no smells, clean bathrooms. We booked a King Study suite and 2 queen bedroom. The Suite has a sofa bed as well. The 2 queen bedroom, I don't think the beds were actually queen size but 2 people can sleep in them. No stains on the sheets.
Flatscreens in room, Free Wifi, work stations, but no pay per view capability.
Nice heating system that you can regulate and it works!
Hotel offers shuttle service downtown and to airport. Very nice not to have to drive car downtown for Steeler game--shuttle drops you off near stadium and picks you up. It's free, so please tip the drivers, they are very nice!
The Front Desk staff is very nice, always accomodating and friendly. Free buffett breakfast--basic things but enough to get you going in the AM.
If you have a car, there is a small mall in the area where you can pick up necessities.
I'll stay again, when we're back in town for the playoffs.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank time2viaje
ademilio, Manager at Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Greentree, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
Time2viaje,
Thanks for taking the time express your satisfaction with your stay. We strive to make every guest as happy as you were. I look forward to seeing you for the playoffs! Happy travels...