“It's okay, but not great.”

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill
Ranked #218 of 2,153 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“It's okay, but not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

Smokey Bones had the advantage of being able to seat our group in less than an hour on a holiday week night. There's a reasonable variety of food, and I know that you should never get fish at a meat place, but the salmon looked so good and I wasn't really in the mood for beef. Well, let me just repeat--don't get fish at a meat place. It was really, really overcooked and dry. Others in my group were everywhere from "Eh" to "Okay", but I don't think we'll be making a special effort to get to Smokey Bones again.

Visited December 2013

Baltimore, Maryland
“Very good service, excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I specifically went to Smokey Bones because of the football games on that night (Sunday), and I was told that they had all the games showing which they did. That's great if you're traveling and want to watch your home team!

Anyway, I sat at the bar and had prompt and attentive service. I ordered a salmon dish, and it was some of the best salmon I've had in awhile -- very impressive for a chain restaurant. If you're trying to go really cheap, it may be hard to find something, but the prices are reasonable considering the amount of food. Beer was varied on tap with some very good choices.

My only regret is that Smokey Bones used to have an incredible bison burger on the menu -- it was actually the first place I ever tried bison at the Smokey Bones in Montgomery, AL! Anyway, I wish they'd bring it back, but the rest of the food is also good. Worth a trip!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank AndrewinMD
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Immediate Seating, Fantastic Food and Drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

We came to Smokey Bones on a Saturday night expecting a long wait and were so pleased to see that we could be seated immediately. The restaurant is HUGE with a giant bar--so they are very efficient about moving people in and out without much of a wait.
They have drinks for EVERY palette. There is wine, beer (bottled and on tap), cocktails, sodas--and so many innovative in-betweens. It took time to decide which to choose!
The food menu is broken into sections of burgers, appetizers, sandwiches, barbecue and roasted meats, platters, and even pastas. There is something for every appetite. I chose the pulled pork platter which comes with two sides. The cinnamon apples were incredible--the right balance between crisp and tenderness. The pork comes without any sauce--just slow cooked and fork tender. There are five different barbecue sauces on the table--my favorite was the honey mustard barbecue--which surprised me with its tangy sweet taste.
My boyfriend selected a buffalo chicken sandwhich that he thoroughly enjoyed with the loaded fries.
The desserts looked fantastic but alas, we didn't save room.
We will absolutely be back!!

A word of advice to locals--they put out a few $10 off coupons each month that are found in the two major Sunday newspapers toward the beginning of each month. Take advantage of this fantastic offer!

• Visited October 2013
Raleigh, NC
“Off Night”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The service was subpar, and the wrong food came out of the kitchen. This is usuall a top notch experience....maybe they were just having an off night.

Visited September 2013
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

What I great restaurant!!! The best service - awesome steak - the draft beer was so cold - and a frosted mug helped! The food was so good - the price was great - I will go back!!! Better than most places that I've been to in a long time!

• Visited July 2013