“Excellent place, relaxing atmosphere.”
Review of Hikan - CLOSED

Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent place, relaxing atmosphere.”
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I love hookah bars. I especially love hookah bars that offer excellent service, many choices, great food, and calm, serene atmosphere.

There are a few hookah bars in and around Pittsburgh, but if I had to choose one to go to on a regular basis, I would choose The HKAN above all the rest. While i've only eaten there a few times out of the few dozen I've been there, the food was always a real treat. If you're just looking for a nibble while you're smoking your hookah, I highly recommend the warm pita bread and hummus. I'm not particularly a fan of hummus, but there's something special about The HKANs. It's a wonderfully tart treat that's just enough to whet your appetite.

As for the hookah itself, they have a vast selection and will generally hook you up. While the price of the flavored tobaccos may seem a little steep at first, often times they give you enough to go around for at LEAST 4 or 5 people. All the flavors are delicious, though one of my favorite combinations would have to be rose water base with something fruit flavored, like strawberry, watermelon, or mango.

The HKAN is a great place to go. Parking is a little difficult, but if you don't mind a little walk, this is the place to go for a great hookah bar!

• Visited August 2010