“Not like it used to be”
Review of Willow

Willow
Reserve with OpenTable
Willow is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #192 of 2,188 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I haven't been here for over a year and now I remember why. We used to come here at least 3 times a month for dinner and/or happy hour. They still have a nice patio for happy hour but the food has gone down hill with one exception.
They still have the original recipe for crab cakes and I think they are one of the best in town. Unfortunately the rest of the menus isn't that good.

We stopped this weekend for a drink and an appetizer. The bar had about 6 people sitting when we arrived. It took the bartender 5 minutes to take our order. Once he took it he took his sweet time making the drinks. We did get the crab cakes and they were great, but that was all that was good.

I rarely if ever give bad reviews unless they are deserved. Willow is a disappointment.

There are newer reviews for Willow

Reviewed October 11, 2013

All the food I have tried here has been super! The service is good and there are a variety of seating areas depending on what you're in the mood for. It is also reasonably prices, especially for the quality of food!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My husband and I have been to Willow on 4 separate occasions and have never had a bad meal there. We had our rehearsal dinner for our wedding there last year and it was fantastic. We decided to eat there this week for our 1 year wedding anniversary. When we sat down, our waitress (Victoria) brought us each a glass of complimentary champagne. If you want to talk about having good service - you MUST try and have Victoria as your waitress. She makes you feel welcome and doesn't hover. She is very attentive and helpful.

I started with a beet salad and my husband had the wedge salad. For my main course, I had the Red Snapper and my husband had the petit filets. AMAZING. We are still talking about how great the dinner was. Plus, they are very generous on their portions.

Part of the reason we love going to Willow is for the atmosphere. It is an intimate setting lit by candles and there is even a fireplace with couches surrounding it in the main area. The upstairs room (where we had our rehearsal dinner) has a private bar, an outdoor deck, and a really grand center table lined with beautiful candles. It's unlike any other restaurant in Pittsburgh!!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I no longer live in Pittsburgh but come back several times a year to visit. We include a dinner at Willow on every trip. We have never been disappointed by the food or the service. The menu had just been changed so our table ordered the barbeque and crab cake. The barbeque we selected included 3 different options for the various locations in the US. We liked the brisket the best. Crabcake was ordered as an appetizer which could have been an entrée for the size, very tasty. We have found the servers to be very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu.

My one unenthusiastic comment is the tables are very close to each other so you can partake in your neighbor's conversations.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We chose this restaurant to entertain business clients. This restaurant came as a recommendation and was a bit out of the way. However, when we got there I understand why this place is so highly regarded.

The unique decor, the intimate atmosphere and the unique style of dish all made this a great experience.

The outdoor patio had a more casual dining experience than the inside. Both were quite pleasant.

The service was excellent. The staff were extremely knowledgable about the menu and the wine list. They were always Injecting their input. It was helpful.

An added bonus, we had the pleasure of meeting a sports legend Franco Harris while dining here. He was enjoying a meal next to us.