“Great Stay”

and 1 more site!
The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh
Ranked #2 of 11 Pittsburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Visited Pittsburgh to attend a baseball game and was lucky enough to stay at this beautiful B&B. Ed was very helpful and the property was first class. Within walking distance of PNC Park, Heinz Field and the casino. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jackr999
There are newer reviews for The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh

Reviewed March 28, 2012

I surprised my husband with a trip to see his favorite team, the Steelers, back in December for his birthday. When he saw it was a B & B he was hesitant, worried that he wouldn't like staying at a "house". He was afraid of the privacy factor. He was thrilled that wasn't the case at all. We both loved the Parador. I am afraid of dogs so was worried about the dogs, turns out they are quite friendly and if you don't look hard enough you don't even know they are there because they are so well behaved. Our room was great, we loved the uniqueness. The bed was a bit squeaky but rather than bother us we had some funny laughs over it. We were able to walk to the casino that was nearby and then the next day we walked to the stadium. Perfect. The other guests were quite friendly and we had a wonderful trip. I would say the only negative for me, not my husband who will eat anything, was the breakfast. I am extremely picky so it's me not the menu, everyone else seemed to enjoy it. My husband ate my share. Not a real problem but I wish I had a choice to have something simple in place, ike a bowl of cereal.

Ed is a wonderful host and we plan to go back this year when MY favorite team plays the Steelers !!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pattya319
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I spent a very enjoyable two nights at the Parador Inn. The fireplace in our room made our stay extra special! Ed is a great host and we will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dancer099
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We spent 3 nights at the Parador this Fall. Ed was a gracious and accomadating host who also cooks wonderful breakfasts. The Inn is located just north of Hienz Field. The area is being regentrified and has a nice feel to it.
Ed is doing a great job with this gem of a victorian home. The garden is wonderful. The Caribean theme is unique and whimsical(Check out the pictures on this sight and decide for yourself ) . We found our room to be huge and more than ample for our needs. We tiook advantage of his stay 3 and pay for 2 special. I feel this was a fair price for the venue.
Be warned - this is an old house - the walls are thin, the stairs creak and the street noise will come in the room -none are reasons not stay just something to consider before you choose. That said Ed makes the stay warm and is a gracious caring host.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KAG102013
Reviewed December 21, 2011

My wife and I stayed there a couple weeks ago for a Steelers game. Not only did the Steelers win, but our accommodations were wonderful. We were travelling with my brother and sister-in-law, who had stayed there before and had a great experience. We came to the consensus that The Parador is the best kept secret in Pittsburgh! If you're going to town for a game, it's a no-brainer... it's only a short walk to the stadium, so while 65,000 other people were fighting traffic to get out of the city, we were back at the B&B in a matter of minutes sipping on a few celebratory beverages! If you’re not going to town for a game, it’s still a great option, as it’s close to everything and within walking distance to several nice restaurants and pubs. We stayed behind the mansion in the carriage house, which was very clean and provided us with a bit more privacy. I’m sure that the guest rooms in the mansion were nice as well, as the interior was stunning and had a lot of character. Ed, the owner, was both accommodating and a great cook… breakfasts were delicious!

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 10mjr10
Reviewed December 19, 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed here for one night for a Steelers game and found the place and people to be great! We stayed in the top room of the main building and that was wonderful. Just know that there are a lot of stairs to climb. Breakfast was also great. Would recommend to everyone!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 15, 2011

The Inn keeper was very unwelcoming and there was no hot water,plus we had a leaky pipe in the bathroom.We stayed 1hour and left, we asked the Inn Keeper to discount the rate,we said we would shower at the YMCA, he told us to leave. We were fine with that,we couldn't face having breakfast with such a unfriendly guy.

• Stayed: December 2011
theparadorinn, Owner at The Parador Inn of Pittsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

I am totally at a loss for this review. The guests booked the same day on their way to Florida. They arrived a little late and wanted to grab a bite to eat. I gave them a quick tour of the property and a quick check-in so they could make one of the local restaurants before it closed. When I showed them their room, she commented that she looked forward to a bath. They returned from the restaurant and they said they enjoyed my recommendation. I got a phone call from them a little while later saying their was no hot water in their tub. It's an old house and some rooms takes a few minutes for hot water to reach the room. I recommended running the water for a bit (I've never had a complaint on this room, just up on the third floor). They called me again a bit later and said I knew how much she wanted a bath and they still didn't have hot water and we could "either discount the room 50% or they could leave." I told them I would give them a full refund. At no point was I angry, nor did I feel they were. I thought she wanted a bath and thought it best they go else where since she couldn't get one at my place. I'm not saying they had hot water that night, but the next morning when I checked that tub, it got steaming hot water pretty quickly. A quirk with an old house?