“If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life...”

Sarafino's Pasta & Pizza
Ranked #182 of 2,167 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life...”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Seriously. The greens and beans are just that good. Order them with some creamy polenta, and your life will be complete. But I warn you... You will crave those greens and beans regularly!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Dajecot

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful service,dirty, below average food”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Oh where to even begin? I always read wonderful reviews about this place so we decided to give it a try this week, unfortunately a can't even give this place anything above a half of star. We walked in and were surprised by the atmosphere it was not quite what we expected white paper over top of the black tablecloths kind of tacky to say the least. We were seated promptly will give them that much. Our server was a miserable older woman and anytime we needed anything we felt as though it was a problem that we were taking time away from her conversation with the other girls. When the food came out I was beyond disappointed it was tasteless and cold. I am not even sure how my pasta was cold but my sauce was lukewarm. Didn't even waste my time complaining wasn't worth it. Last but not least don't try to find or use the bathroom they are upstairs through a hallway that smells aweful. If the food doesn't make you wanna throw up the walk to the bathroom will. And if you decide you still want to eat there do yourself a favor and do not by any means look into the kitchen that is open its better off not knowing where your food came from.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank melissa7801
Washington, Pennsylvania
“sadly disappointed”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was our first visit to Sarafinos and could not have been more disappointed.
I am able to say that the service was outstanding. The wait staff was very attentive and did their job extremely well. This is however the only positive thing I am able to say.
Upon entering the restaurant,. the first glance left me with the impression that the place was very old and very dirty. The kitchen is open for view and with this level of bravery i would expect it to be spotless and it was not! The wide open service station is also an eye sore and is in an odd spot, taking up space and creating yet another obstacle to deal with if you have to take a trip to the bathroom. The bathroom was at the end of a maze of dark hallways and stairs and was filthy. Believe it or not, I could have forgiven all this had the food been good but, it wasn't. I had heard good things about the food at this place so was shocked at how tasteless it was. Anyone that knows how to cook, knows that if food is not properly seasoned when cooked ( ie: SALT AND PEPPER) there isn't enough in the world to add after the fact to bring out any flavor. The food looked great, the pasta was cooked al dente, but totally flavorless. My husband, and our friends agreed and were left disappointed with the food as well. I felt so sad when we left and really concerned for the owners, as they obviously are missing what a gold mine the place could be with just a little effort. Clean that place, I mean really clean it, rearrange it so its comfortable and not crowded and apply some basic seasonings to the food. So simple. There is nothing better than a BYOB to share some wine that you love, laughs with friends and good food. You have a great staff there, you should give them a place to be proud to work in and patrons that want to return time and again. It is unfortunate that is currently not the case.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank ELP568
Frankenmuth, Michigan
“good pizza”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I liked everything about this place and the food was great. I had a pizza and salad takeout and it was fabulous. I showed up a little late in the evening and the staff was very accommodating. Give them a try not to expensive either

Visited February 2014
pgh, pa
“5 star effort”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The restaurant business is crazy so be that as it may the staff does a good job of juggling anxious diners eager to get to the food. Relax, BYOB, talk to your friends. Joe is doing a fantastic job. Always have the vodka penne but spotted the veal chop which is next on my list. I'm sure it won't disappoint.

• Visited October 2013