“Worth the bother”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Dining here on weekends for a traveler presents a few obstacles. Although but a block or two off the main Southside drag, The small Osteria's low profile makes it hard to spot unless you're on top of it. Further, its size means make reservations a few days in advance a necessity. Lastly, finding on-street parking is a task. All these problems can be overcome and well worth it. They adhered to our reservations on a busy Friday night, whisking us to a table (I reckon there's only a dozen or so) immediately. The wine list, predominantly Italian, has good pricing in bottle and glass and the sophisticated menu showed value as well. Two of us had quail grilled to perfection on a bed of creamy polenta as an appetizer. The carpaccio the 3rd person had was very cold and pedestrian-the only clunker in our meal. The gnocchi topped with wild boar ragu was outstanding, memorable. The pasta light and the boar plentiful, intense in a great sauce. The third had grouper stuffed with a flavored risotta. Only I had dessert..a perfect wedge of pumpkin flan. The tab quite reasonable for such a meal. Allow a little time to find parking and be sure of the street address. It's well worth the little extra effort

There are newer reviews for Dish Osteria & Bar

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My friends and I recently had a fun Friday dinner here and absolutely loved it. We started out by handing out at their fabulous bar for decent priced wine and then sat in the back for dinner. We each had one of their fresh salads and then seafood for our entrees. I had the Sicilian salad and for my entree I had pasta with mixed seafood. Everything was fresh and delicious. Our waitress was very helpful with helping us select our wines and food choices. We will definatly go back even though it's located off of crazy Carson Street.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had been wanting to try this restaurant for a very long time. We finally did, and it is one of our favorites. We go there a few times a month. We like to sit at the bar, have some wine or a Lavender Vanilla Martini (amazing!). The bartender is great. Very personable and knowledgeable, although I don't know her name. Their desserts are made onsite and fabulous. Great atmosphere. If you haven't tried it, you should!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Nice martini, great grouper, very nice dessert. I had a good meal here and would definitely go back.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a lovely dinner at this cozy Italian place. A lovely pear and fig salad, mixed seafood and very nice, well-priced wine. The service was also perfect, but not stuffy. My friend lives just down the street, and she goes often. Of all the places in the East Carson Street neighborhood, this is my favorite. Be sure to reserve, as they seem to fill up the dining room every night.