“SADLY, TIS NO MORE. MORAL: SUPPORT FAV RESTAURANTS.”
Review of Gypsy Cafe - CLOSED

Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“SADLY, TIS NO MORE. MORAL: SUPPORT FAV RESTAURANTS.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Another good one bites the dust. I will really miss this place. Good luck in your future endeavors, Melanie, Jim, and the wee one whose name escapes me.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank ROSE S

East Mc Keesport, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“love the atmosphere”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

interesting atmosphere. cozy. food is fresh and unique. you will not be rushed while you are there. staff takes care of you

Visited May 2012
“Good comfort food”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

When I am craving some good comfort food this is where I head. The meals are always flavorful and a great mix of ingredients. On my last visit our group had all 4 appetizers that were on the menu with the flaming cheese as my favorite. They offer 3 salad dressing that are all great so it makes it hard to decide which one to get but I think the feta version is my favorite. This trip we shared a pasta with a bacon, pesto sauce that was very rich so the amount on the pasta was perfect. The other dish we had was a pomegranate bbq pork. I did have high expectations for this dish and was slightly disappointed but not because of the food. It was a little more sweet than i was thinking it would be but the side of potato salad was a good balance.

They have a good selection of wine that I typically would not seek out and all have been good. In addition, they have fabulous cocktails.

Meals are typically $20ish and drinks are $5 - $10. Some nights of the week they have a fortune teller but I have never been for that.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank dkh117
“WOW!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I actually forgot I went here until seeing it on your board. We met my nephew who was in town to do work with UPMC here and his coworkers set it up. Small place. Great food! Can't find my pics of the Feta "flambe" with Ouzo but it was great. I need to get back here soon!

• Visited May 2011
pgh, pa
“Ecclectic”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This place is a very ecclectic blend of homey and eastern European. The food was really good, had the lamb but the menu is seasonal. Would recommend this place just for the difference of it. Early Saturday night dinner and was getting very busy on our way out.

• Visited August 2011