“No regard for human life”
Review of Grille on Seventh

Grille on Seventh
Ranked #1,525 of 2,167 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No regard for human life”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This place has no regard for human life. It shouldn't even be in business. A cook was having either a stroke or a heart attack was slumping over and asked the owner to call 911. Luckily the front of the house manager called 911 to get the ailing cook some help and was fired for doing so. I have no respect for people who would rather have them work themselves to death then call for help. If downtown in the culture distract stay away from this restaurant and go to another place for food. This place may have American food but is run by foreigners who care only about money not their employees.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Holly W

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The most horrible place I ever been in my life!!!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Well, never consider my self as a picky and never wrote reviews online or website but I think this is exactly the time I have yo do that!
First of all menu is so difrient than menu online,
For our choice was all kind Indian spice chicken for second I thought I went to some East Indian place,
Waitress was so rude and foodrunner was high on drugs - my wife admited she is a sergeant in VA,
Inside was so hot probably like 85F I could barely breeth,
But the most terrible and disguisting thing was the way how they treating foreign workers in the restaraunt, me and my wife were witneses of that and immediately left.
I think everybody should know about this place in future

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank khrushev
“HORRIBLE!!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I went in here last night for dinner before seeing a show. We were seated downstairs and it was packed. After 10 min of being ignored the waitress mouthed to me from the next table she would be right over. Another 10 min of being ignored and we got up and left. I live in Pittsburgh and will NEVER return here.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank kiwizoe
Pittsburgh
“What's a place like this doing in the Cultural District?”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I've given a rating of "Poor" but can't argue with any of the "Terrible" reviews. The food was barely okay (suspecting the worst, I tried to stay safe with pasta primavera; my wife had marginal crab cakes), the staff apologetic with good reason. Can you imagine a place that has no pepper flakes for your pasta or whose soda water - one diner's beverage of choice - just goes out?

The lasting impression of our visit was the heat. This was during the arctic vortex's second visit to Pittsburgh. It was very cold outside, but descending into the undistinguished basement dining area was a trip to one of Dante's lower rings of Hell. It had to be 90℉, making breathing difficult for this asthmatic.

The only good thing we can report is that we were able to get a pre-show table when there was an hour's wait across the street at the Proper Brick Oven & Tap Room. No wonder why!

The real question is why such mediocrity (and that is generous) is taking up valuable space in a district where there is strong demand for good food and brisk service. Go figure.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank m20j
“Do not eat here!”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!! Due to expenses and a very full work schedule, I don't get to go out to a dinner and show more than once a year, so this was supposed to be special evening. The show was wonderful, but the service and food at this restaurant almost ruined the evening. I have never gone online to review a restaurant, but since my experience was so awful, I feel compelled to spread the word. I could write a book on my visit to this place, but suffice to say, I will never return. The service was horrible (took over 1.5 hours to get our food), the waitress was unfriendly and gave us very bad service. The orders were wrong, we sat for 45 mins before she even took our food order, and it took 1/2 hour to get my drink....and I got the wrong drink! She said she knew it was wrong as soon as she saw it, but brought it anyway.) Note: the restaurant was not busy at all, so this can't be used as an excuse for slow service. The quality of food was just terrible and again, the food orders were wrong. The salmon, 2 chicken dinners, and the quesadillas were burnt. The pasta was burnt..yes burnt. A $30 scallop dinner had a few, very small bay scallops in it. The menus we were given were different than what is online and there is no drink menu. Everything is overpriced and there is very little meat with entrees. We called the manager out and he argued with us about the time it took us to get our meals. He actually debated us on the time....a strange way to run a business. The dinner ran so late that we didn't have time to eat once it came. The show was starting 15 mins after we received our food. We all received checks for the full amount of our meals and drinks. The manager knew how upset and unsatisfied we were, and he did NOTHING. The manager actually told my friend she ordered her salmon 'well done' and that's why it was black. This never happened and it was almost comical, until after she sent her dinner back and she didn't get to eat one bite, she was actually brought a bill too! We complained to the manager as we were running out the door to get to our show on time. And we really were running - it was so stressful. The manager just smiled and said 'Have a good night'.

• Visited January 2014