“Wonderful!”

The Melting Pot
Ranked #30 of 2,254 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Whether you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, a long overdue date night, or celebrating with a group, The Melting Pot Restaurant is perfect for any occasion. Tailor your visit with a four-course dining experience including cheese fondue, salad, entree and dessert. Or, come by for fondue cheese paired with that perfect glass of wine from our extensive selection. That's not to say, we haven't had more than a few stop by to satisfy that chocolate craving after a movie. Make reservations today, and see what people are talking about. Located in Station Square, we are just across the river from downtown Pittsburgh and easily accessible from anywhere in the Pittsburgh area. With our proximity to other nightlife and attractions, we are a great place dine while in the city.
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We loved everything we ate! The Cheddar cheese fondue was very good. My husband and I enjoyed the classic meat fondue. The cookies and cream fondue was fantastic. I could have just eaten that!!! The waitress was very friendly and brought us free champaign because we were celebrating our birthdays. It is pricey but a great evening out.

1  Thank NittanyLaura

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We just back from The Melting Pot in Station Square, Pittsburgh. My husband and I loved it. All my life we have lived in Pittsburgh, but we have never gone until now. Our Server was fantastic, patient and fun. I had a alcoholic drink called a gummy bear. So good!!!!!! It tastes JUST like a gummy bear. It was my birthday, so we splurged (it was SO expensive-$110) and got the 4 course meal. I ordered land and sea AND my husband ordered steak lovers. First came the cheese and stuff to dip it in (veggies, bread, and chips), then a salad, then your entrée(which you cook on a pot on your table-it takes like 3 minutes each piece), and last dessert. You choose the chocolate and they bring out a plate of cheesecake, brownies, marshmallows, rice krispies, bananas, and a couple other treats. Dessert was my favorite! Everything tasted great. I was full at the end but not totally stuffed, cause the whole experience lasted about 2 hours. So, not a place if you are in a hurry. Super romantic, dark and sexy. Loved it. The only thing I would change is the price. Way to expensive for the average Joe, like us. Like I said it was my birthday (and anniversary) present. Very enjoyable though. You will love it, just make sure you bring the money!!!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a great place for date night, ladies' night, or even family dining!

I recommend subscribing to their emails - they have awesome specials every month and will occasionally send coupons!

My friend and I recently dined there for Brew & Fondue and it was amazing! Of course, we were so stuffed between all the delicious food and the 4 craft beers that we almost didn't have room for dessert (but of course, at The Melting Pot, you MAKE room for dessert!).

We are already plan a trip back for the ladies night special next month!

Our server, Kyle, said he was new, but he was spectacular and very knowledgeable about the menu!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went for a celebratory evening, and waddled out after three delicious courses of cheese, meat (and/or fish, and/or veggie), and chocolate fondues, and a salad. The service was excellent. And spending $300 for the six of us entitled us to a birthday treat and some champagne on the house. A unique experience. Don't go with little kids.

1  Thank nollik
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great selection of choices when you go with a group, they usually offer a deal or special for special occasions. The atmoshere is very nice, great experience, different than any other restaurant. Aould be very cool for a romatic night out as well.