“Friday Night meal”
Review of Le Lyonnais

Le Lyonnais
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Lyonnais is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 2,167 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Tenth St.
Transit: yes
Description: “French comfort food”. These three words may not seem like they belong together but they do here at Le Lyonnais. Our concept is one of simple, affordable, yet delicious dishes inspired by time honored recipes from my hometown of Lyon some of which have been in my family for generations.
Butler, Pennsylvania, United States
“Friday Night meal”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

While attending a convention in Pittsburgh, my famiy was looking for a place to eat in downtown Pittsburgh. Being unfamilar with the area we searched an app and this was the closest place.

This restraunt looked fancy. We weren't dressed for it, but I decided to try our luck. I'm glad I did. We were seated and the waitress informed us that they use locally supplied and sustainable food. I had a salmon with a basil sauce that was probably the best I've ever tasted.

My wife had the filet and my daughter had the scallops. We all enjoyed our dishes and deserts.

Now this place runs a bit pricy, but with the scarcity of food in downtown Pitt....much less high quality food...I highly recommend the Sonoma Grill.

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Just when I think it couldn't get any better!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I first came to the Sonoma Grille in February of this year. It was such a marvelous experience, that I brought 5 new people here last weekend as part of a wedding celebration. As with the last time, everyone really enjoyed their food, and those who drank wree impressed by the wine list. I had mentioned before the outstanding service: this time was so over the top that I just had to commend them again.
One of the guests requested root beer, which the Sonoma Grille doesn't offer: the restaurant sent an employee on a mission to find root beer in the area, and with no fanfare--just as if it should be expected, our waitress served him a large glass of root beer. WOW! Then, one of my guests wanted a glass of port; however, he was leaving the selection to me. Our waitress, Cindy, spent almost 10 minutes with me explaining the differences between the various California ports and then how California port differs from regular port. She then gave me a sample of the California port she was recommending based on what I shared about my guest's tastes and a sample of a 20 year tawny port, so that I could make the best decision. What exceptional service!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Food, just dont sit at the bar”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My third or fourth time here so this is not just a drive by review. I stay at the Courtyard and it is right next door.

The Food:
Sonoma salad is good but the kitchen could use a pointer - do not place a giant chunk of Blue Cheese on top. Its supposed to be lightly crumbled. I removed the chunk and enjoyed the salad.

I have had thier Duck Mac n Cheese -Wow! Dont expect to eat it all. It can be shared by a few people. Very good.

Thier Study of Hog is a great concept. The tenderloin is great. The shaved pork was a little dry but overall this dish is very good.

I also had thier Fish Tacos for lunch one day and was very pleased.

The Wine: Great Wine list. Cant go wrong there.

The Service: When I sat in the dining room I was greeted by the nicest server I may have ever had in all my years of dining. We recieved great service whenever we had her it was a pleasure.

Now comes the bad part. Do not sit at the bar. Ive done this twice and both times the service was bad. People were nice and friendly but they need lots of practice before they can be called good bartenders or even servers. I felt bad for the woman next to me who ordered the Hog. They messed it up three times. Big failure to communicate and not good at making it up to her. After three times that meal should be on the house! It seems the biggest problem is immediate service or lack of service. The bar is wide and they seem so far away. When I sat down (both occassions) no one would look at me and if they did they glanced away as if we did not make eye contact. With the 3-4 bartenders spread out, they seem to be stuck in thier little section and afraid to move over to serve somone if the bartender in that area is busy. After a few minutes of being ignored I finally waved at a bartender about 20 feet away who was looking my way but ignoring me. Then he hands me a food menu with no wine list, no hello, no water. When I place my order it probably took a good 5 minutes for my glass of wine to arrive. She forgot apparently. Amatuers. A few mintues later a customer sits down to my left and a bartender walks right past her to stack up a few menus and put them away. She had to say "excuse me, can i see a menu". The server says "oh ok, hi , i didnt see you there" . Really??? This needs to change.

Just so happened that my server in the dining room was the day time bartender. She was great at that role as well.

• Visited March 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
“great place for after the theater or a play”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

nice selection of draft beers on tap. food is fresh and affordable. I have visited many times and quality of food and service is always excellent.

Visited April 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Awful service and Mediocre food”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Treated like garbage going in and going out. Steaks were fatty (not in the good way, in the chewy way). Even bacon dishes and desserts were bland.

3 Thank DNiknejad