“Great, upscale dining in Downtown Pitt.”
Review of Le Lyonnais

Le Lyonnais
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Lyonnais is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 2,173 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Tenth St.
Transit: yes
Description: “French comfort food”. These three words may not seem like they belong together but they do here at Le Lyonnais. Our concept is one of simple, affordable, yet delicious dishes inspired by time honored recipes from my hometown of Lyon some of which have been in my family for generations.
“Great, upscale dining in Downtown Pitt.”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Saw their menu on the "Local Attractions" book in our hotel room, and then saw the reviews on Tripadvisor. We were not dissappointed. Service was very good, and the food better.

Visited October 2011

New York
“Excellent food and a nice atmosphere”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

There were six of us in our party and everyone loved their food, from appetizer to entrees. My salmon was excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2011
New York City, New York
“Fresh, flavorful meal”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Went here during a visit to pittsburgh. The menu is made with seasonal foods so everything is very fresh. In addition, the food was very well prepared.

Montréal
“Nice place and kind staff, but average food...”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The ambience is great and the staff was very kind. They have a great selection of wine. But I was disappointed by the food. The portion of vegetables and rice was huge compared to the tiny peace of salmon. The salmon was very well cooked but the rice was fatty with over too much butter and vegetables not cooked! Maybe I have been unlucky...

• Visited September 2011
“Great Pre-Show Experience”
Reviewed September 18, 2011

My adult daughter and I had a wonderful evening in Pittsburgh on Friday, September 16, when we dined at Sonoma Grille and then went on to see the traveling production of Wicked.

First, I checked out the downtown restaurants on Trip Advisor, and then narrowing down the top downtown choices to the foods we both liked, I selected Sonoma Grille. The proximity to the Benedum and the hotel/restaurant valet parking were also factors. I was bit concerned by the mixed reviews of the service, but decided this would be The One for the night's event.

Making the reservation via Open Table was as easy as could be. I reserved for 5:45, but we arrived early and were seated right away. That turned out to be a great idea...we were able to dine without rushing and really enjoy the variety of the menu.

Our server, Julia, was extremely attentive...almost overkill.... as was the team of dining experience waitstaff.

We started with the California Coast Wine flight, then ordered a crab and avocado tian and the Med Plate (pita wedges with three choices of toppings).

We then spit a three-item Sonoma Mixed Grill, requesting grilled salmon, tempura fried shrimp, and seared ahi tuna. Each item was cooked perfectly, as requested. The split entree was beautifully plated foe each of us. The stir-fry veggies were tender crisp and perfect. My daughter felt the veggies were a bit too salty, but the sauce was soy-based, so I'd suggest those who prefer less salt be sure to request a reduced sodium version.

We'd ordered a bottle of wine to be served with dinner, but it did not arrive until well after the entree had been served. At the point the restaurant was quite busy with the pre-show dinner crowd.

Not about to give up on our wonderful meal, we ordered coffee and split a slice of S'mores Cheesecake for desert. It was excellent, although (to me) the homemade marshmallow was overkill...but it IS a s'more cheesecake!

In summary, we had an excellent experience at the Sonoma Grille and would certain recommend it. Just be sure to give yourself plenty of time to enjoy dining, rather than "grabbing a bite to eat".

• Visited September 2011