“Bubble Tea and More” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Squirrel Hill South
Pittsburgh PA
“Bubble Tea and More”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I've always enjoyed my excursions to this odd little restaurant. First of all, I'm stuck on the taro bubble tea-it's like some light purple milkshake with little tapioca balls. The best way to order food is off the back menu, which never changes, and the best thing for me to order is the pork ribs which come with rice, some marinated veggies and a marinated boiled egg that frankly looks scary but tastes amazing. The last time I wanted to order it the waitress told me the ribs are very fatty and I made the mistake of thinking they were especially fatty that day so I got the pork chops instead. Later she told me that they have to tell people that because of health concerns. I know they're fatty, I get them for the amazeballs taste! Anyway, I'm not straying the next time. Yes, they can be a little standoffish there, but you just need to extend yourself a little and everything will be fine. I've always enjoyed my visits, whether solo or with a friend, and once in a while isn't going to shorten my life enough to matter. The tea alone is worth it. Prepare to wait for your check, and just go up and get it if you're worried about the meter.

• Visited May 2012

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Rose Tea Cafe not coming up ROSES!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

This restaurant used to be good. I tried the meatballs recently and they were undercooked with substandard ground meat and fell apart with the touch of a fork. They were oversized but tasted more of filler than meat. The sauce was quite greasy and unpleasant on the palate. Other dishes I used to like taste like they are substituting ingredients for cheaper, substandard ones.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best & most authentic Taiwanese cuisine in Pittsburgh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

With one of us being Taiwanese we crave good Taiwanese food, and in our humble opinion Rose Tea Cafe has the best and most authentic Taiwanese fare in Pittsburgh. We have been to others that claim to servve Taiwanese food but feel the cooking styles and ingredients used at Rose Tea best reflect what we eat in Taiwan.
The restaurant is small so go early as it is very popular with the Asian community.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank seaniem
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best Bubble Tea Around!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I've eaten here a few times and the food is good, but I go here ALL the time and get bubble tea to go, especially delicous when it's hot out.

• Visited September 2011
Newton, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

I have been here a few times with my friends and have always had a great meal. The food is delicious and reasonably priced. If you want a good Taiwanese place, Rose Tea is definitely it worth visiting.

• Visited April 2011