All reviews valet parking ihg property huge shower front desk aveda products rain shower great hotel street parking whole foods within walking distance comfortable hotel on site restaurant comfortable beds room was large restaurants and bars mini fridge booked this hotel
Reviewed January 15, 2018

This hotel is really quite nice. Huge room and giant bathroom with excellent shower. Staff was friendly. Great bed and an excellent night's sleep
There is a small fitness room (which I made us of) or you can get a day pass to a nearby gym.
Breakfast not included, but there is a restaurant in the hotel serving breakfast.
Parking is a little bit of an issue. I valet parked for $20/night; overnight guests have unlimited in/out. When I valeted my car I was told to call down when I wanted the car so it would be waiting. That is what I did...and the car was not ready; in fact, the valet didn't seem to even know that I had called down.
The real downside for me is the neighborhood. Folks say it is better than it was and on an upswing, but many storefronts are empty, streets are mostly deserted and there don't appear to be restaurants right nearby. In a few years, the vibe could be different, but if you are looking for a hotel in a cool Pittsburgh neighborhood (and there are lots of them), this is not the place.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed January 1, 2018

I was impressed upon arriving to this "New" flavor of IHG properties which I had not stayed at before. As I traversed the city to reach my final destination, I realized that it's location would be pretty close to everything located about +/- 10 miles from downtown. The property struck me as being an mid to upscale adult themed boutique style hotel. It was a very hip atmosphere with a very comfortable vibe.

The check in process was simple. My vehicle was put away by the valet with ease. The room was a standard king, which was a nice size and laid out very well for two adults. Plenty of space and a nice work area. The bed was very comfortable, we received a great nights rest.

The hotel shuttle delivered us about 4 miles away to a nice spot for lunch. Dinner at the "Penn Brewery" was a $15 ride with UBER. Our meal was awesome. GREAT place.

I would recommend this property to anyone without small children who are trying to relax and enjoy a hotel with style and location.

Jim Garrity

Room tip: Try and grab a room close to the elevator
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank JIMMYinCF
Reviewed December 27, 2017

Stayed for 2 nights on a weekend, to visit family in the area. This was my second time staying here. I loved it the first time, this time it didn't meet my expectations. Even though we are platinum members of IHG, we weren't offered an upgrade and I think we got one of the smallest rooms available with a view of a brick wall. Note- it was not sold out on our dates. On a past stay I had a huge room with high ceilings- the room had enough room for 3 king beds- this time it was a closet, with deteriorating bathroom caulking. On this trip they lost power one night and there was no water the next morning. Though I know it was beyond there control, I felt like the attitude was "deal with it." The front staff was nice and the lobby and location are good- I was just disappointed with our room. Make sure you get what you pay for, a king room with extra seating is what was featured in our reservation but I felt we were downgraded to a basic room.

Room tip: Request a view & large room
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Patrick S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Thank you so much for the review and letting us know what happened while you were with us. I am really upset we did not meet your expectations. If you ever need to reach out to me or our team, please feel free. I would appreciate talking with you about your experience to see what we can do to make your relive your first impressions of our wonderful Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty.
Thanks again for your feedback. It really does help us become a better property for all guests.
Patrick S.

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a regular king bed room. The rooms are spacious (even the bathrooms). We were supposed to have a refrigerator in our room, but there wasn't one. I called the front desk and they brought one right up. We enjoyed dinner at the hotel restaurant while listening to live jazz music. I had the chicken parmigiano and it was amazing. This hotel is on the outskirts not in downtown so it's nice if you're looking for a quieter place.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2017

The good: Front desk staff were polite and welcoming. Decent location though a little sketchy at night.

The not so good: The rooms don't seem well insulated. We could hear people talking, walking, dogs running down the hall for most of the night. The bed was somewhat comfortable but tucked in so tight that it was difficult to move one's feet or pull covers up higher. Most annoying was the lack of bedside outlets (there were two, used for the lamp and alarm clock). Hotel Indigo is a fairly new remodel so why didn't they upgrade the electrical panel to add additional outlets or USB ports to support modern technology?

This is not a cheap stay. We paid close to $200 for our room which is overpriced for what is offered. It didn't help that the power went out the night of our stay and then the water went out the next morning, both events not under control of the hotel but which definitely detracted from the experience.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Hi n0vatraveller,

I appreciate you for staying at Hotel Indigo and letting us know what happened. I'm really sorry that our bed, soundproofing, and overall condition of the room assigned to you didn't meet your expectations. The level of service you received was not of a Hotel Indigo standard. We take comments such as these seriously and I'll definitely share your thoughts with our hotel management as a reference for future enhancements.

On a lighter note, it's good to know that our location worked well for you and you had pleasant encounters with our hotel staff.

We would be very pleased if you stayed with us again.

Peter J