All reviews valet parking ihg property huge shower front desk aveda products rain shower great hotel street parking whole foods within walking distance comfortable hotel on site restaurant comfortable beds room was large restaurants and bars mini fridge booked this hotel
Reviewed December 27, 2017

Stayed for 2 nights on a weekend, to visit family in the area. This was my second time staying here. I loved it the first time, this time it didn't meet my expectations. Even though we are platinum members of IHG, we weren't offered an upgrade and I think we got one of the smallest rooms available with a view of a brick wall. Note- it was not sold out on our dates. On a past stay I had a huge room with high ceilings- the room had enough room for 3 king beds- this time it was a closet, with deteriorating bathroom caulking. On this trip they lost power one night and there was no water the next morning. Though I know it was beyond there control, I felt like the attitude was "deal with it." The front staff was nice and the lobby and location are good- I was just disappointed with our room. Make sure you get what you pay for, a king room with extra seating is what was featured in our reservation but I felt we were downgraded to a basic room.

Room tip: Request a view & large room
Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Patrick S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Thank you so much for the review and letting us know what happened while you were with us. I am really upset we did not meet your expectations. If you ever need to reach out to me or our team, please feel free. I would appreciate talking with you about your experience to see what we can do to make your relive your first impressions of our wonderful Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty.
Thanks again for your feedback. It really does help us become a better property for all guests.
Patrick S.

Reviewed December 19, 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a regular king bed room. The rooms are spacious (even the bathrooms). We were supposed to have a refrigerator in our room, but there wasn't one. I called the front desk and they brought one right up. We enjoyed dinner at the hotel restaurant while listening to live jazz music. I had the chicken parmigiano and it was amazing. This hotel is on the outskirts not in downtown so it's nice if you're looking for a quieter place.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 18, 2017

The good: Front desk staff were polite and welcoming. Decent location though a little sketchy at night.

The not so good: The rooms don't seem well insulated. We could hear people talking, walking, dogs running down the hall for most of the night. The bed was somewhat comfortable but tucked in so tight that it was difficult to move one's feet or pull covers up higher. Most annoying was the lack of bedside outlets (there were two, used for the lamp and alarm clock). Hotel Indigo is a fairly new remodel so why didn't they upgrade the electrical panel to add additional outlets or USB ports to support modern technology?

This is not a cheap stay. We paid close to $200 for our room which is overpriced for what is offered. It didn't help that the power went out the night of our stay and then the water went out the next morning, both events not under control of the hotel but which definitely detracted from the experience.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Hi n0vatraveller,

I appreciate you for staying at Hotel Indigo and letting us know what happened. I'm really sorry that our bed, soundproofing, and overall condition of the room assigned to you didn't meet your expectations. The level of service you received was not of a Hotel Indigo standard. We take comments such as these seriously and I'll definitely share your thoughts with our hotel management as a reference for future enhancements.

On a lighter note, it's good to know that our location worked well for you and you had pleasant encounters with our hotel staff.

We would be very pleased if you stayed with us again.

Peter J
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed November 14, 2017

So glad to have found this hotel. Very nice lobby with lots of seating and room to socialize. There is a very nice lounge area where they bring in bands twice a week. The food and service in the restaurant was very good and you don't have to go out in the cold to get a good meal. The room rate is very affordable and the rooms were clean and comfortable. There is no recommended self parking area but that is the same as other nearby hotels.

Room tip: Interior rooms are quieter.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Karen S
Patrick S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2017

Thank you so much for the kind remarks about our property. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay. Please come back soon to enjoy our vibrant and ever changing neighborhood. Thanks again and hope to see you again. Patrick S.

Reviewed November 11, 2017

We were traveling in for a Baby Shower and I searched for hotels near where we needed to be and found this hotel. It is in the East Liberty neighborhood which makes it nice because its not right in downtown Pittsburgh but close enough to manyh shops and restaurants. The hotel is dog friendly which is Great even though we weren't traveling with our pooches this time. They have valet parking. Every person we encountered at this hotel was super helpful and friendly! The hotel itself was very nice! Very modern and fun!!! The room was really nice large bathroom with rain shower head, Aveda products and plenty of towels. Bed was very comfortable and the entire room was very clean. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the very nice review about our Hotel Indigo. We love our hotel and it's location just like you. We hope you are able to return to visit us and explore more of our vibrant neighborhood. Thanks again. Patrick S.