All reviews valet parking ihg property huge shower front desk aveda products rain shower great hotel street parking whole foods within walking distance comfortable hotel on site restaurant comfortable beds room was large restaurants and bars mini fridge booked this hotel
Reviewed October 24, 2016

I really like a unique hotel and this place fits right in that slot. The rooms are very nice, large, and have a great design flare. The front desk describe the place as retro to a certain era, but I just found it very contemporary. They have a nice lounge/bar/restaurant. The bartender working that night was one of these mixologist types who experiments with different things to create new drinks or twists on classics. She made some good stuff. Don't know if the hotel management knows about it or supports it, but they should because it kept people at the bar for probably longer than they might have normally stayed. I had a view of the nearby Cathedral of Hope, a Presbyterian Church built in 1935. It's beautiful, I didn't get to go inside due to time constraints, but it was nice to see out my window. The staff is great. They do valet parking, but if you have an early flight, make sure to let them know so they can have your car out front in the morning with the keys at the front desk or you won't be able to get to your car as the lot is independently owned and not open at the crack of dawn.

Room tip: Ask for room facing the cathedral at least 4th floor or higher
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Hotel_Indigo_PITHB, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2016

Hi tgibbs2000!

Thanks so much for the "Very Cool Place" review! Great to hear you enjoyed the unique design elements incorporated into our boutique hotel. The bartender was Callie and yes she is great...thank you for the kind words! The "Cathedral of Hope" as it is known is breathtaking and as beautiful as it is on the outside, it is even more impressive on the inside...you must take a tour the next time you visit. Take care and safe travels!

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

I am almost reluctant to write a review because I don't want this hidden gem to be found. This will be my go to stay every time we visit our daughter in Pittsburgh, the food was good, the bartender Kimber was fantastic and very friendly, the front desk was more than helpful, and we absolutely loved the decor of the rooms. Don't miss out on this great hotel in an up and coming neighborhood!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Hotel_Indigo_PITHB, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2016

Hi Kimberly B!

Thanks so much for choosing our "hidden gem" - we appreciate you! Great to hear you enjoyed the food and service so much. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit with your daughter. Take care and safe travels!

Reviewed October 16, 2016 via mobile

Good location, area is developing so it's getting better. Valet parking very convenient and valet staff very friendly.

For being a new hotel needs improvement with the cleaning. A few spots in room and common areas that were not very clean.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Hotel_Indigo_PITHB, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Pittsburgh East Liberty, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2016

Hi there TatyR79!

Thank you for choosing our hotel and providing feedback from your visit! I appreciate the comments on some areas that were not up to par on cleanliness. This is a great opportunity for our team to look for ways to improve. I'll be sure to share your comments with the team. Thanks again and safe travels!

Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

Good hotel hard to find the entrance if you are not sure about it.. great big room and showers but lacks carpet in the room... too cold for my liking in Pittsburg.. will be staying again.....
Will be staying again in couple of weeks
Like to location good bar and restaurant at the bottom decent gym

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank grolwer_82

Hi there grolwer_82!

Thank you for choosing our hotel! We appreciate your comments on the over-sized guest rooms and large spa-inspired showers. Safe travels and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed October 4, 2016 via mobile

The hotel was nice and the decor was fine in the room. There was a nice bar but limited food service. I was very disappointed when we booked our trip on trip advisor for 4 nights and had to leave a day early. We asked the hotel if we could do this without a charge for the final night and they said that was fine as we asked this after the first night. But I didn't get my money back for the final night despite emails by trip advisor and myself to rectify this. They still charged my card for the 4 nights yet we only stayed for 3 and the front desk said we would not be charged for the final night as we had given them more than a day's notice. They also told me when we left that I should have told them that we had a daughter at the University of Pittsburgh as they have reduced rates for families. Overall disappointed with the service and won't go back for those reasons.

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank Mandy007

Hi there Mandy007!

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for the nice comments on the room, decor and bar! I am sorry to hear there is an unresolved issue. Please contact me directly at jordan.bartels@ihg.com to resolve. Thank you!