Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Nice space, great beer!

We visited Grist House on a Sunday afternoon and really enjoyed the space and my boyfriend loved... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
StacyInDC2012
Alexandria, Virginia
via mobile
Hands down, best brewery in Pittsburgh!

Great beers, great atmosphere, great food (food trucks parked on lot) nice staff and room to relax... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Craig U
Erie, Pennsylvania

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Pittsburgh
from $99.00
from $75.00
from $22.99
More Info
All reviews food truck outside small neighborhood american ipa dog friendly which is darker beers indoor bar great craft beer double ipa fun atmosphere saturday afternoon ussr growler hoppy ipas grenade release burgh
Reviewed July 25, 2017

This was one of the best breweries I have ever visited. It's not a huge place and it can get pretty packed at peak times. Also this is one of the most dog friendly places I have ever been, with dogs allowed both inside and outside. Fine with us! My wife loves dogs more than beer! The beer was excellent! I'm a hop head and they have a number of excellent IPAs, especially the currently extremely desirable New England IPA. Their original, Hazedelic, is great, and their newer offering, Floodline, is even better!!! The also had a double NEIPA which was also fantastic. I tried at least six or seven different brews, and all were very, very good. LOVE this place and will visit them every time I'm in Pittsburgh.

1  Thank TexGolfer
Reviewed July 2, 2017

Had a couple of good beers. Nice outdoor venue, food truck. Would have stayed longer, but way too crowded for me. Disappointed they were out of any carry out beer.

1  Thank Dana O
Reviewed June 17, 2017 via mobile

I wife and I really enjoyed our visit to grist house brewery. Went a Saturday night with food trucks.

Beer was very good and the entire vibe of the place was really cool.

1  Thank Adam D
Reviewed June 5, 2017

As we made our way to the Grist house on a Saturday afternoon, we happen to stumble on a can release....yay!!! The beer was excellent and fresh, had the Hazeadelic and it was excellent. A few food trucks and an big open beer garden to meander with other patrons! Was our favorite this trip!!

1  Thank Shawcake
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

Pittsburgh has a great craft beer scene that has hit a major boom in the past few years.

I am glad that Grist House has been part of it.

Tucked away just off Route 28 in Millvale is one of my favorite breweries in Pittsburgh.

I love this place.

They get brewing. Some places excel in one style of beer but here I truly believe that regardless of style everything they create is of high quality.

I personally gravitate to IPAs and stouts and their are many great choices here.

For IPAs - Hop Yeti, Fire on the Hill, and Hazedelic Juice Grenade jump to mind.

For the darker beers I truly enjoy the Black in the USSR and Putin's Breakfast.

Servers are knowledgeable and food trucks are always here.

Beer sobs and occasional craft beer drinkers alike will have a great time here.

So what are you waiting for?

Get to Grist House - I'll be back this May for Memorial Day beers!

1  Thank Patrick L