“Very good but pricey”

Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Noth Carolina
“Very good but pricey”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I had business in Pittsburgh April 23 & 24. I turned out that there was also a very large convention in town that week and I had little choice. My room tipped out at over $350 per night including taxes for two of the three nights I was there. I don't know about other folks but I consider $350 a night to be expensive. What did I get? A spacious, clean, well-appointed room with a comfortable bed, free wi-fi and hot breakfast. That's nice, but I can get all that (without the spacious aspect) for $200 cheaper in most other cities. Be sure to check your prices before you book.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
Johnstown, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2014

This hotel is near many night clubs, resteraunts , and many attractions. Enjoyed being able to enjoy the the day and night life without leaving the area. I have no problems for returning to this location.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Portland, Maine
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We travel by train whenever we can and decided to visit Pittsburgh (42 years after wife left "Picks-burg"!) for our spring vacation. The Hampton Inn is just five blocks from the Amtrak Station. It's ideally located between the Cultural District along Penn Ave and the Strip District with its many food shops and restaurants. It's an easy walk to the Wood Street T, easy walk to the Convention Center and CONSOL, easy walk to the Point, easy walk across the 7th Street Bridge to the Andy Warhol Museum, PNC Park, easy, easy, easy. Clean, comfortable rooms (we had a king-size bed). Excellent breakfast with lots of choices. Thanks for the real deal oatmeal. Friendly and helpful staff. Small pool and whirlpool provided a place for morning exercises. All in all, a great deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Mon River - great view of the bridges and PNC Park.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Stayed for Pitt graduation weekend. Rooms are nice -- great beds. Perfect location on The Strip as you can walk to the river, walk to great shops and restaurants. Will definitely choose this hotel again. Service also really good. We had a Saturday reservation, then added Friday night at a later date; couldn't get the suite we had for Saturday but hotel staff was very helpful. Called us Saturday morning and had a room (next door) ready for us to shift over to, no muss/no fuss. Hotel breakfast OK but just basic.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had booked this hotel because it was downtown and it had parking and breakfast included. Plenty of breakfast items choice. This hotel is close to everything, really good for a first-time traveler to the city who wants to explore. The Strip District is only a 5 minutes walk away. 15 minutes walk to the Consol Energy Centre. I highly recommend it and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suits downtown Pittsburgh multiple times over the past four years and have been very pleased every stay. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Pittsburgh for Business or pleasure

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

n.e.ohio
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We travel to Pittsburgh regularly, son in college. Overall this place will do. I guess I want better than that when it can be up wards of 200.00 dollars a nite but I feel like if you are willing to spend less than a hundred more somewhere else and everything will be pretty much perfect. It was clean and the front desk gave us a better rate than we had booked- both of these points are important definitely, but cleanliness is to be expected. The room itself was awkward at best.. and the pictures from other travellers show the same thing- a king bed up against the wall and on opposite corner of the room was a small flat screen.. and alot of empty space in between, no other furniture to view a movie or show closer except for a single chair. The tv was kind of a waste at that distance and that screen size. I dont get the room congfiguration at all. I am surprised no others have commented on this. Our room was close to stairwell and heard the door slam continually all nite long- i dont know if insulation or a better door would have helped, dont like waking up tired and paying for it is all. The breakfast the next morning - it was around 8 when my husband went down- was picked over. the fruit had a piece or two laying in a bowl and it looked like a crowd had hit it pretty good. He did try some sausage, saying Pittsburgh is known for that type of food, and did not enjoy it later... I wanted to like this place, our daughter enjoyed it a couple of years before. if I have to stay at a Renaissance or Omni Penn and go up in price to be pleased all around I guess we will- We will stay overnite less but enjoy it more. Just an average stay I am sorry to say.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family