“Great neighborhood place!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Great neighborhood place!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Maybe I am partial because I grew up in this neighborhood, but I love this place. They managed to host a wake of 30 people for us - and did a fantastic job without having to close the place to normal lunch traffic. The food is great - service is excellent - and, as long as we visit the area, we will come here.

San Diego, California
“Great Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Went to Sunday brunch here last weekend and was very impressed with the food, service and ambiance. We arrived around 11:30am to a roughly 30 minute wait. This went by very fast, as you can order something from the bar (mimosa in my case) and sit outside to pass the time.

The restaurant is small, but there is plenty of room between tables for conversations to be private. The decor is comfortable and informal, but with an upscale feel. You are equally comfortable here in a sport coat or shorts.

The menu has some great choices and offers a unique take on some classics. Everything was served exactly the way you would expect and the presentation was thoughtful. Most importantly, the food quality is very high and very delicious. Well done!

The service was quick, but not pushy. We had our food very quickly, but we were engaged in deep conversation so lingered about 30 minutes after the check arrived. Although there were people waiting (I apologize for my selfishness), we were never rushed by the staffed. They were very accommodating.

Overall, the combination of great food, casual atmosphere and attentive service made this experience memorable. All the better that the restaurant is open in the front and we were able to enjoy all of it during a great Pittsburgh morning!

1 Thank 2W3
Pittsburgh, PA
“Oh the flies! But the food/service was great!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We visited Point Brugge last night (Tuesday evening). It was busy - but we were expecting that. It didn't take long for us to get a seat, but while we waited we both got great drinks at the bar.

The food was fantastic! We got an appetizer (cheese plate and meat plate) and then both got the large portion of mussels in the classic sauce. The service was great as well, due to the heat (will explain later in the post) we were drinking quite a bit of water and pretty quickly after we emptied our glasses, they were refilled.

I had 2 complaints/frustrations with Point Brugge:

1. The flies were obnoxious. They were in over abundance. I understand having folks sitting outside and needing to go in and out, allows the flies to enter. But geesh! It got old, quick.

2. The heat. The location of the restaurant is hard due to the sun. The front of the restaurant is all windows (which is great). But Turn the air conditioning UP. It was far too hot. My friend was wearing a knee length, tank top style dress and was pouring sweat! I was wearing jeans (so granted, I was bound to be warm), but was uncomfortably hot. We may have been more comofortable sitting outside. I understand in a busy restaurant, it gets warm. I understand with the sun positioning, it can get warm. But to keep your patrons comfortable - just turn the air up!

Silly complaints, I'm sure. But they needed to be said. I do hope to go bakc for brunch sometime!

McMurray
“Wonderful Little Gem!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My sister and I went to Point Brugge after a day at the Frick Museum. We had steak sandwiches and Belgian Fries, which were outstanding! The cole slaw was vinegary rather than mayonnaisy and I thought it was the best I've ever had. They are well known for their mussels, which are flown in daily. Highly recommend.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank aza572
berlin md
“FANTASTIC”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My husband and I dined at this restaurant last night. We were so delighted to visit a small restaurant
with excellent food and an attention to detail. We both had the mussels, each prepared in a different way and they were both fantastic. I ordered the chicken milanese for dinner and it was so good I hated to finish it. My husband had the beef dish and he said it was super. He also opted for dessert, which I could not fit and said it was great. He had the ice cream with the melted Belgian chocolate. Oh, we also had the Belgian frites with the basil mayonnaise. Do not hesitate to try them, they are incredible. We had mussels and frites in Belgium last year and I must say this came quite close to what we enjoyed in Belgium. Great wine and beer selection as well. Put this one on the top of your list.