“Good Food Excellent Service”
Review of Crystal

Crystal
Ranked #115 of 2,167 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Greek
Neighborhood: Strip District
Description: You have to list this restaurant! They were featured on Food Network's "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives" and it is spectacular!
Milton, Ontario, Canada
“Good Food Excellent Service”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Mediterranean food was good, but the service was excellent. The owner and her mother were so nice and patient with my kids when trying to order. I had a burger in which I could select many different toppings, like hummus, which I've never had on a burger before. I tried a beer I've never heard of called Purple Haze and thought it was good, since I don't usually like the fruity beers.

• Visited June 2014

Cattaraugus, NY
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Knew Diners Drive in and Dives had been there so expected a much bigger place. Not many patrons there. Food was ok but nothing exceptional. My daughter discovered a new local beer which she loved. Staff was nice.

Visited May 2014
Newbury, New Hampshire
“Don't Miss This One!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We recently spent 3 days in Pittsburgh and enjoyed the great food at Crystal on Penn 3 times!! A small, friendly bar/cafe at the beginning of the Strip District, Crystal serves freshly prepared food at fair prices. Wonderful fish and chips, wraps, and chicken kabobs! Their homemade hot sauce is a winner! Kudos to the chef!

• Visited April 2014
Syosset
“Wonderful mediterranean food/ bar”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We came here for lunch. I order a Greek salad w/ pita and my husband ordered a falafel wrap w/ homemade fries. It was wonderful ! There are also several other dishes as well as burgers and if course it's a neighborhood bar.
Very authentic Mediterranean place with a wonderful owner, Caroline, that welcomes everyone. She was so pleasant and we engaged in conversation about many things. Upon leaving she gave. Upon leaving and wishing us safe travels we gave each other a big hug.
Featured in diners,divas and dives this place is not fancy but rivals any middle eastern place in NY.

• Visited August 2013
Pittsburgh
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We went to the restaurant because it was featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. It is basically a bar with five or six tables It is near the convention center and bus station. The menu has a mixture Greek/Middle East food with some traditional bar favorites. The food was outstanding. There was one women on duty who served as the bartender and waitress, but she was attentive and the food came quickly. The soup, salads and appetizers were very good. The chicken kabobs were excellent. The bill was very reasonable. Ignore the fancier, more expensive restaurants in town and come here for a great meal.

• Visited July 2013